The Bay Filey
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
US$119
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$237
US$97
US$94
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbuilding worksolo apartmentthe pubnikki beachhousing estateon sitebeach houseleisure centrebed cottageswimming poolsunrise drivethe john paul jonesholiday villagetea towelssykes cottagessteam roomoven gloves
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Bay in Filey and must say we all had a really good break, we opted for the Monday to Friday stay and for us this was just perfect, the accommodation was to a really good standard and modern. In the Bilander 5 that we were staying in it didn't have parking directly outside, however within a minute walk parking bays were available. The onsite amenities are well catered for and we enjoyed the refreshments and food available in the pub on site. However my wife's salad looked as if it had been prepared previously and not covered up as it looked a little wilted. There was also some building works very close to our stay, but we were out most of the days so this didn't impact on our stay to much, but it would have if we had stayed within the site. Signs to the Beach could be clearer as with ongoing building works it does give you the feeling that you have taken the wrong road. In summary I would say it met my expectations in general. Would I return for a break?? I would have to say yes

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pauldn22
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have been holidaying at The Bay for several years now as we love the peace and simplicity of the resort. We stayed in number 88 Sunrise Drive and this was by far the most comfortable property yet and even has free wi fi and a BBQ area. The owner clearly takes pride in equipping the property with quality fixtures and fittings. We have noticed that these do vary across the properties with some looking a bit dated now. We will ask for this property again, it is away from any building and very close to all the facilities. The gym and pool are excellent and the beauty parlour, though tiny, worth a visit for a treat. Lovely 10 min walk to the beach and beautiful Filey Bay. All very well thought out.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Went to the Bay Filey, last September for a family weekend. It was my wife's 60th birthday. We have family who live in Scarbrough and it was a perfect venue for a family get together.
The four bed roomed accommodation was excellent, everything that we needed for a fantastic weekend gathering. No need to take anything except food and drink. The facilities were superb.
The children enjoyed the swimming pool. The on site pub was good, meals excellent, even if a little pricey. As the Bay was in the throughs of building, it did not deter from the excellent set up. It is on the old Butlins site, even a mention was given to Sir Billy Butlin near to the pub. there are numerous properties for hire, from two , three, four bed roomed properties, plus very smart Beach Huts that can accommodate up to eight people. We realy enjoyed the weekend, our extended family were very impressed with the facilities and area. We re looking forward to returning later this year s this is an excellent base for us.

Room Tip: As this is a self catering holiday, you have to book properties that suit your party. Looking to have a beach hut next trip.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jimmy B
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the Bay over Easter with my husband and two children we stayed in a SOLO apartment (flat 54 plot 81).The apartment was excellent it looked like it had been recently refurbished and decorated it was well equipped and had everything we needed.it was close to al the local amenities and the beach.The bed was comfortable and in the living room was a l shaped sofa then transferred into a double bed,there was also a camp bed which was available to use.The apartment also had a high chair and a travel cot.
We used all the facilities whilst we were there , the swimming pool, sauna,steam room and the football pitch and thre beach which was extremely clean.i also used the gym . I ran out of time to use the beauty parlour which was a shame.my children also went to the Splash zone (inflatable session in the pool) they also went to junior musketeers which they loved,
I found the staff at reception and the leisure centre extremely polite and helpful. It was also reassuring to see security visible on the holiday site, even though they weren't required.
The weekend we were there the cafe opened under new management.The owners were really attentive and friendly.We had lunch there the food was fresh and plentiful and very reasonably priced, it is open 9 till 9 (7 days a week) they also sell takeout pizzas. The cafe also sells homemade bread and milk and the fresh cream cakes are fantastic.
The pub is worth a visit, but I would recommend that you reserve a table.
Whilst there we caught the 120 bus to scarbourough the bus stop is outside the bay, and it comes at 20 past the hour.it took around 50 mins. We also caught the train to both Filey and scarbourough from Humnamby station this is a 20 min walk from the Bay.Taxi's cost 7 pounds from Filey and 16 pounds from Scarborough. We walked to Filey along the beach which was very relaxing but check your tide times with the bay reception first. Whilst in Filey we visited the local Italian on the high street they have an happy hour between 5 and 6 every day all pizzas and pasta meals were 6.50 pounds, kids meals were 4.95.i would also recommend Desi spice Indian. In scarbourough we would recommend the Royal tandoori who do set meals for ten pounds the food and service was exceptional. We did the following day trips all of which I would recommend:
John Bull rock factory and play centre Bridlington - good value and the children get to make their own rock and chocolate lollipops. We also went to Amelia's chocolate shop scarbourough where we made Easter eggs, in may she is also doing pizza workshops.
Overall we had an outstanding holiday ,we will definiately be returning back this year!

Room Tip: Ask for a property close to the amenities
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank helensmithLeeds
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have just returned from a mon-fri break at the bay filey. The site and beach access is excellent and we have spent many years holidaying in the area so know it well.
The accommodation was spacious - we stayed in the Chatham on sunrise drive- well appointed and good parking, central to the facility however the cleanliness of the house was very poor- on arrival I had to clean the kitchen and empty the bin from the previous tenants, I will not go into detail about what we saw in the toilets/bathrooms ! -I am very disappointed that the cleaning team are letting this lovely holiday village down.
The area is lovely and the accommodation is varied in sizes available - however the well dressed lady walking her lab and spaniel on the way to the beach last night could of scooped up her dog waste as I did for my dog and most owners I saw also had managed to clean after their pets there are waste bins provided.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family