“Sunday carvary ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Booked here for a family dinner for 12 people (5 adults, 4 teenagers n 3 kids). Everyone went home with a full belly and really enjoyed the afternoon. They ran a tab for us and for 12 sunday carverys and 2 rounds of drinks it only cost £132 and everyone was very happy. Went back later on in week due to being on holiday. there was 9 of us this time and we all had varied meals (fish n chips, burgers, baugettes,) and again everyone was very happy with the quality off the food. The service was quick and friendly and would highly recommend the royal oak to anyone. (Especially if you have a big appetite the portions are big so dont expect to need a dessert lol.)

There are newer reviews for The Royal Oak

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Having looked on tripadvisor to find a Sunday lunch near primrose valley I picked the royal oak and I'm so pleased I did me and my family 5 adults had the regular Sunday dinner and it was to die for just like your mom has cooked it. Massive portion could have got away with a small would recommend no probs at all also place was very friendly and a laugh but more to the point the pub is DOG friendly they make them feel so welcome.....

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in just before they stopped serrving food but they were lovely about it and nothing was too much bother. Nearly missed it as previous comments nearly put me off glad I chose to ignore them . Food was lovely and plentiful thankyou guys x

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Visited the Royal Oak again, travelling from Selby to get a real pub lunch. My brother (pie expert) rated the steak pie as the best he had ever had, of course which I had to agree. Our foursome had 2 small pies and 2 large pies which were crammed with steak and smothered with a rich thick gravy, mouth watering just thinking of it now. We have been to the Oak several times and never been disappointed regardless of what we have ordered. Terry and Andy always make us welcome. Excellent food at a very reasonable price. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We visited on the 25th of July after my brothers graduation.
They happily accommodated our party of 6. The food was amazing. So much choice. I've no idea how the chef manages it all. Huge portion sizes, but that's not usually challenge for me. I would absolutely go again, and I would urge anyone nearby to give them a try. Great work team!