“DISSAPOINTED”

The Brown Room
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Filey
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Carn't see what all the fuss is about called in on sunday only to be served a greasy / slimy piece of fish with the batter over cooked !
Chips were not any better
I have been a few times now this was the worst time and the final straw

3  Thank 123hullhillbilly

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not the worst fish & chips I've ever had, but a long way from the best. The fish had a rather slimy texture and very little taste, and the chips although not greasy tasted only of the oil in which they were cooked. Overall very bland.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Put simply, these were the best fish and chips we've had in a long time. Fish beautifully cooked, good batter and lovely chips, crisp on the outside, fluffy inside.

Generous portions for the kids and the four of us ate for under £25.00

1  Thank Kato74
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff but very greasy - I kown they genuinely are but these where very! And tasted unlike fish :/ we love our food but even these where thrown away. We only went as Dicky Bee's where closed next time will wait for the best.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have a caravan nearby and spend a great deal of time at Filey. We have been going to Filey for over 40 years and love it. Now, what I can't understand, is why I have only just tried this wonderful Fish & Chip, The Brown Room. Went for the first time about 4 weeks ago. I couldn't believe the quality of both the fish and the chips. The fish is so white and fresh and cooked to perfection. They are not covered in grease as all others are. One thing, they leave the skin on the fish which I am told enhances the flavour. I certainly does that, I just wonder if it is okay to eat the skin, I did and it was all fantastic. Will never go anywhere else now, can't wait to return to Filey just so I can go to The Brown Room!!!

1  Thank Philip R