“Lovely apartment in super complex”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 22 The Parade

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Bernie M
Bradford
“Lovely apartment in super complex”
Reviewed 21 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

This is the second apartment from owner we've stayed in,as before the it was clean and comfortable..

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location close to Filey, with Scarborough and Bridlington not too far away
Liked least: The quality of the literature sent photocopy of photocopy distorted the text, hard to read
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Paula h
“Great apartment”
Reviewed 17 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Lovely apartment' everything we needed' only negative was it could do with updating regards decor and modern accesories' very clean And I will most certainly be returning

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
20 Jul 2016
I appreciate your comments, but to continually update we cannot rent the apartment at the prices charged. Same as different hotel costs
Laura S
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Second time we have been here”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Loved it again and will be booking again. Facilities are very good. The holiday park is kept immaculate. The beach is 5-10 mins through the holiday park and there isnt much traffic so it is a safe walk. Its also a dog friendly area.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
sallyslat...
South Normanton, United Kingdom
“Another fabulous time at the bay”
Reviewed 19 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I have stayed at the bay a number of time with my husband and extended family. We have been using skelthwaite properties for a number of years now and come to the bay around four times a year. Bev and Hanna are the people we have contact with and they never let us down. I have just come back after a short stay with my mum and neice and again we have had a fantastic time. Its the first time mum as stayed and loved it. The apartment was as clean as always and had everything we needed. Thank you Bev and Hanna.

Travelling group: Extended Family
20 Jun 2016
judith s
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 8 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Had a three night break we loved it, and so did our two Yorkshire terriers.
found it clean, fresh, and private.
had a drink in the local pub, dogs allowed ,so we all enjoyed it
walked down to the beach, about a 10 min walk.

Liked best: the apartment
Liked least: no fish and chip shop on site
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
David l
Ryton, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 20 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Good contact with owners. Apartment was in a good clean condition with everything you needed for a few days away. The Bay is in an excellent location for travel to Filey, Bridlington & Scarborough. Also with on site swimming pool, Pub & Italian restaurant.

Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Janet J
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Great location, disappointing apartment Managers attitude”
Reviewed 11 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

This is the third time I have stayed at The Bay and I love the location and facilities available. However I booked the accommodation through the owner and was disappointed with her attitude. I had emailed her my home address and phone number, as requested, and added that I would be staying with my Niece and would like extra bedding so she could use the sofa bed in the apartment. My husband had also confirmed in a phone call that my Niece was coming with me and not him. However this bedding was not available, then when I eventually managed (after several attempts) to get a message through to the owner (who lives in York), I was told abruptly that I had not requested this at all, she had checked my messages, and I would have had to pay extra as she is running a business!! I still have the email I had sent requesting this!
Had I been made aware of this I would have gladly paid! I decided that as my Niece could not sleep on a bare mattress, I had to drive into Filey at 9.30pm to purchase a duvet. They did not sell bedding so we made do with a couple of car blankets for her to sleep on, along with the duvet. Before I left for Filey, we found we could not lock the Apartment door, after several attempts. I could not get a reply from the manager and sent her a text.
On the following morning at 7.55am I was woken by loud banging on the door (which we had secured with an item of furniture!). I leapt out of bed and opened the door to find the manager, Bev, standing there with a man. Bev said they did not get my text till late and I should not text as she did not get them (she did not answer a phone call either but hey ho!!). The man then showed me how he could lock the door with the key (with great difficulty!), and eventually, with me on the landing in just my nightdress, Bev said she would move me, ordered me to be packed ready in 45 minutes and they would help me move. This they did.
I found the attitude of Bev C to be unnecessarily rude and offhand, I do not like to be made out to be a liar and feel as good customer service she could at the very least brought a bedding pack when she came on the Tuesday, as a gesture of goodwill. We were after all inconvenienced not only by the bedding but by a broken lock, resulting in upheaval. I then had a trip into Bridlington to purchase further bedding for the sofa bed!! NOT the best start to the holiday or the cheapest and I will not book through this owner again.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Jul 2015
My recollection of the events are very different. I did not receive an e-mail requesting extra bedding. You ran Hannah when you arrived for the extra bedding and rightly said no bedding had been requested. I tried to contact you by telephone. At one point I did get through but had no response I then received a text requesting me to text as you were unable to answer. I then received a text at 10.08pm informing me that you could not lock the door and were unable to go out that evening. I did not see the text until after 11 o'clock and decided early in the morning would be better. I came over early as I was concerned about the situation. I did try to contact you before I arrive but no answer. I did not bang loudly on the door and it was your decision to come out in your nightdress. I apologised about the lock but to be fair the lock was perfectly ok when the cleaners were in in the morning. (The repairer reported the lock had been pulled down by force.) I offered to move your belongings so as not to inconvenience you. You send you would be ready in 3 quarters of an hour. We returned and moved your belonging. You mentioned the bedding and all was okay. I did explain that we only provide extra bedding for more than 2 guest as the rental is more or extra bedding can be paid for. during the time I was with you you seemed happy with what had been done. I did mention that phone contact was better than text if you have a problem then we can discuss how you want the problem solving.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing