“A lovely family weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
Sunny days at Bumblebee Sunshine on the terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sunny days at Bumblebee
Sunshine on the terrace
Afternoon wine and nibbles
Log burner for cosy evenings in
Wine and nibbles by the fire
Spacious kitchen and dining area
Fully equipped kitchen that's perfect for self-catering
A relaxing place to unwind, king size bed
Time for a little romance on holiday
Plenty of room for all, including travel cot (supplied), all beds full-size single beds
Contemporary bathroom with rainfall shower
Lots to do!
The football pitch is almost within view from the balcony
A gentle game of boules
20m pool with sauna and steam room, included in the cost
Use of the gym is included in the cost
Fancy a pint in the on-site pub? Inside is a pool table and sky sports
Family and dog friendly pub with Sky sport and pool table
The wildflower meadow is only 2 minutes away and perfect for dog walking
Let's go to the beach...
Filey's only 30 minutes walk away at low tide (or 50 if you have two 10 year-olds in tow!)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Coyney70
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A lovely family weekend”
Reviewed 3 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We have just returned from a lovely weekend in Filey staying at the fabulous Bumblebee Cottage.
The cottage was really well equipped; lovely layout and made for a really relaxing stay.
Pet friendly which was a must.
All the contact with Jenny was excellent and efficient.
We will be booking again and I will be notifying friends, family and work colleagues to check it out !!

5 Oct 2017
Thank you for your lovely review and am pleased that you all enjoyed yourselves, including your dog. Ours loves it at Filey and spends hours in the sea playing!

It's great that you are recommending us to all your family, friends and colleagues. Personal endorsements are fab. You were great guests and we'd love to welcome you back again soon, so just get in touch when you've got your dates sorted.
CLSTUK
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A lovely relaxing holiday”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This was our second time at Bumblebee Cottage and we loved it. The house is fully equipped with everything you'd need including windbreak and toys for the beach which my family made full use of. My daughters love the toys and games that are provided and we make good use of the complimentary tea and coffee. Both times we stayed for 10 days as we find loads to do both in Filey and around North Yorkshire. My children refer to Bumblebee cottage as their holiday house, they feel so at home there -I think that says it all.

Your age range 35-49
16 Aug 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and what a lovely review it is. Am so pleased that you had as much fine this time as last time. As you say, the cottage is well-equipped and there are lots of things to do locally. It's so nice that your girls feel attached to it - we put lots into making it great as we want you to feel at home. You were great guests and we'd love to welcome you back again
KatieC29
West Yorkshire
“Lovely cottage”
Reviewed 14 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Stayed for 2 nights early June. The instructions for getting to the cottage and finding the key etc were excellent. The cottage itself was lovely, ridiculously(!) well equipped - I don't think I've ever been anywhere that literally had everything you could think of!

The bedrooms were lovely, my daughter loved the bunk beds so much. She loved all the toys she found under the beds too - she had so much to play with it was hard to drag her out of the cottage!

Location is good, about 10 (15 with a 4 year old) minute walk to the beach through the development. If the weather had been better we would have definitely made more use of this (unfortunately bit rainy and windy), the cottage even had deckchairs, windbreak and every beach game known to man.

We got a takeaway pizza from the Italian restaurant on the site which was nice. We didn't eat in the pub so can't comment. We went to a lovely little tearoom in Filey called The Sugarcube - absolutely lovely - highly recommend.

All in all a lovely little weekend away in a fab little cottage. It's clear it's a popular choice as I think the last time I checked it's booked throughout the summer! Would definitely return.

Your age range 35-49
14 Jun 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Am glad that you had a great time in spite of the weather and that you appreciated all the extra touches. As you say, The Sugarcube is a great cafe - we love walking along the beach to Filey and rewarding ourselves with a cuppa and a slice of one of their delicious home-made cakes (it's dog friendly too so even our dog Pebble is welcome). We'd love to welcome you back soon so get in touch when you've got dates. But don't delay, as you say we are very popular and are almost fully booked for the next 4 months :-)
caroline...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This is our second stay and I still can't get over what a lovely cottages both Bumblebee and Kittiwake are. So beautifully decorated with absolutely everything you need for your break. Saves us packing so much, I can leave all of the kids' usual entertainment at home as they're spoilt for choice sooo many board games, books outdoor games. There are chairs for the beach, dog bowls, you name it and it's probably there!
Lovely welcome package and everything you need to know about the local area.
I really can't praise it enough. Wish I could stay all year!

20 Apr 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. Am glad you enjoyed yourself in Bumblebee and appreciated all the little extras. I know how easy it is to forget things when packing for holidays (we once forgot the boys shoes when they were little!) and so I wanted to make sure that the cottages were well-stocked. I want my guests to have a great holiday experience as it's so nice to get away as a family. I know what you mean about living there, I feel sad every time I come home. We'd love to welcome you back, so please get in touch when you've got new dates.
claireabe...
UK
“Bumbletastic”
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This has been our 3rd visit to Bumblebee Cottage and once again we weren't disappointed. As said in previous reviews there is everything you need for a comfortable stay and to entertain all ages including the furry kids . It literally feels like it's home from home. For some reason there is enough cutlery & crockery for a street party I'd love it even more if big bath sheets were available - bath towels just don't give me the same level of coziness, but fab that towels are available anyway.
We love this area of the coast & can recommend the Royal Oak nearby for good pub grub, the Park & Ride at Scarborough is fab & incredibly cheap. We ventured to Whitby this time too & used their Park & Ride although it was double the price.
We've eaten at The Buccaneer & Italian in Filey, love The Coffee Shed too and the restaurant on the front above the beach shop which is even dog friendly too. On the whole I would recommend Bumblebee Cottage and Jenny is fabulous, very attentive & aims to sort out any problems with minimal fuss & in a timely manner.
Thanks again Jenny ☺

18 Apr 2017
Thanks for your lovely review - you've always been great guests and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again soon for your 4th visit! Thanks for the feedback on places to visit and also your comment about the towels. When I come to replace them I will get some bath sheets as I am always looking for ways to ensure that our guests have the best possible experience. Take care and hopefully we will see you again before too long
Roving578...
“Perfect cosy cottage with everything you need for a holiday by the sea”
Reviewed 22 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Bumblebee cottage is excellent, it has everything you could possibly need for a comfortable stay. Even on a rainy day you could never be bored of things to do in this cottage, there is the biggest a collection of DVD's, games and books. There are even toys for the dogs. The Bay is a beautiful resort, very well maintained and the pool and facilities are fantastic. We give this property 10/10 and will look forward to returning again and would recommend to friends and family.

Bev & Ewan and the two springer spaniels Gem Gem and Badger Bobs. x

23 Mar 2017
What a fantastic review! Thanks for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed staying at Bumblebee Cottage, and thank you for recommending us to to family and friends. We really appreciate when guests take the time to do this. We'd love to welcome you and your two lovely spaniels back, so please get in touch when you've got new dates
Diane H
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 1 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

The cottage is in a very easy accessible location, the beach is a 7 minute walk away, although quite steep going towards the end - great fun when pushing a pushchair back up lol
The cottage itself has everything you need for a comfortable stay - there is more cutlery than you can shake a stick at, highchair, pots, pans, crockery, games galore and more dvd's than I have ever seen in one collection! - and the welcome pack was a wonderful, thoughtful touch.
The swimming pool on site was clean and well managed, the kids loved it.
Filey is only a 5 minute drive away, an although we only briefly visited due to the weather, I'm sure you could make a day out of going.
Scarborough is also a short drive away and would be a good place to go if you fancied a bit more hustle and bustle.
Overall I would recommend this cottage to anybody, as Jenny communicates excellently, the cottage is clean and well equipped and the price is not extortionate.

1 Mar 2017
What a lovely review Diane. We really appreciate it when guests take the time to let others know how much they enjoyed staying with us. As you say, Bumblebee Cottage is in a lovely location, close to Filey and a short walk to the beach. I'm glad that you liked all the little extras and we'd love to welcome you back again soon, so please get in touch when you're next thinking of a break by the sea
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing