“Wonderfully perfect Wedding”
Review of The Star Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harome
The Star Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Harome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My now Husband and I had our wedding at the Star in Cross House Lodge on 10th Sept 2011. The staff could not do enough for us and our guests, they worked sooo hard to help make our day perfect, and it was - definitely a day that will be remembered for the rest of our lives.

Our room was excellent and all our other guests stated the same. The food and drink was fabulous and even better than our original tasting menu - huge thanks to Andrew, it was a pleasure to meet and speak to you, such a nice touch to see and speak to everyone involved in our special day. The atmosphere was magical and the location was wonderful, even our photographer couldn't get enough of it and stayed later than arranged as he took so many photos - we can't wait to see them!

When we arrived we went for afternoon tea at The Pheasant Hotel and treatments with Barbara Harding, both of which were excellent - (Please advertise Barabara treatments on The Star's webpage as well - she's so good at her job - Huge thanks to her). Unknown to us the staff had organised afternoon tea at the lodge, so some of our other guests had that and loved it, so that was an added bonus. In the evening the Men went to The Star for food and drinks and us Ladies ate at the Pheasant and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

We now look forward to even more visits, starting with one on our return from Honeymoon in a few weeks.

Many thanks.

Room Tip: All are fabtastic as each one is different.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at the Star 6/9/11 for our silver wedding anniversary. As this was a late booking we were given a discount on room 1 down to £150 . The room was very tired looking with a cracked sink and lots of flaking paint in the bathroom,the bedroom had lots of scuffs on the wallpaper and the curtain tie back hooks were hanging off.The bathrobes each had holes in them.This is not what we expected at all from the Star and the price.The food was very good for our dinner and breakfast, but the experience was spoilt by the room. On departure we were asked if everything was okay and told them about the room, we were given the answer that room 1 is to be refurbished soon . Although the food was good we will stay at the Star again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sapper1592
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Culinary delight during a lunchtime driveout. Originally we set off on the way out to another pub/resturant but decided a change would be better. We stopped at the Star on a recommendation from my sister, I'm so glad we did the food was excellent and not too expensive, the calves liver was to die for as was the duck breast (stole from the wife....)

Highly recommended if you enjoy your food, we will return when back in the UK.

Ps. we had no problem with children they where made comfortable and welcome.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Changmaisausage
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The Pub landlord service towards me and my family as we entered and had drinks at the bar was absolutely spot on. Very friendly, no rush, great pub surroundings and we were taken through to a contemporary dining room and enjoyed a fantastic lunch. Not cheap - £189 for 5 mains, a few puds, drinks and coffee but considering the quality - very good value. We needed to leave to get to the cinema in York on time and service stayed on track (So often you eat somewhere nice and then towards the end of the meal they forget you!) Again, The Black Sheep ale was stunningly good.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We decided some time ago to book a table to celebrate at The Star on the evening of my 50th birthday with immediate family and close friends.We agreed that the menu options were probably better than they had been previously and the quality of the meal was to the same excellent standard!We chose a range of dishes, including some from the specials board, and managed to share one of the dessert selection between us!We will certainly return.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WalkwiththeDog
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I love the Star Inn

Everyone is so amazing
The rooms are beautiful, i would recommend staying in room 7 with the Spa Bath

I actually got engaged here and the staff were so attentive to my Boyfriends requests.

I also eat regularly here in the restaurant and the food is always amazing and I can recommend the cheese board

Room Tip: Any of them
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Like a couple of other recent reviewers, my wife and I went to the Star because of its foodie reputation but found dinner disappointing. The service was lacklustre. My wife's comment that her starter had been overcooked elicited "I'll tell 'em" from the waitress but no further response. The remainder of the meal was satisfactory if a little pedestrian, which fell short of our, perhaps unreasonable, expectations although I would have thought that, given the bill, something more inspiring would have been appropriate. We understand there may be reasons for the perceived decline but interest seems to have waned here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harome
The Black Swan Hotel
The Royal Oak Hotel
The Royal Oak Hotel
#1 of 4 in Helmsley
The Talbot Hotel Malton

Been to The Star Inn? Share your experiences!