“Tranquil, lovely and welcoming in Hawes” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairview Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawes
Fairview Guest House
Ranked #7 of 23 Hawes B&B and Inns
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Tranquil, lovely and welcoming in Hawes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was our first visit to Hawes, and we booked this B&B on the recommendation of other TripAdvisor travelers....and it lived up to everything! The walk into the heart of the village takes less than 5 minutes, so the location is superb (and, it is right across the road from the Ropemaking and Countryside Museums). In addition, our room was an absolute delight: we had both a double as well as a twin bed, and a comfortable sofa and sitting area. The bathroom was ample in size and, thoughtfully, the owners had included washcloths (which are not always easily procured in the UK). Breakfasts were absolutely delicious and served in a sunny and cheery breakfast room. There is a large, comfortable living room for guests. Because of the nature of the Dales, the rooms enjoy absolute quiet at night -- there is no noise from outside whatsoever, except if you have your windows open and happen to hear some birds! We would recommend this B&B unreservedly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank worldexplorer0820

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Varese, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was the third time we have stayed at the Fair View, in Hawes. This B&B is the best one we have ever had. Rooms are big and with a beautiful view on the Yorkshire Dales. Rooms have all the comfort you need: TV, DVD player, a very good bed and pillow,...
Breakfast is very English with the best ingredients. (Only for breakfast a visit to the B&B is a recommendation).
The B&B is a 5' walk to the centre of Hawes where there are enough pubs for having lunch and or dinner.
Barbara and Gorden are very nice and gave you a lot of information what to do and what to see.
For sure we will be back one day.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Martin V
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'm not really a religious person, so I suppose this is a strange analogy to use but if God had two representatives on earth, I think it would probably be Gordon and Barbara.

I had come from London to spend a weekend in the Dales for one of my best friend's weddings. Having left it all to the last minute as always, I was very happy when working my way down the list of recommended BnBs supplied on the wedding invite, Fairview still had a room free. And while other BnBs locally charged a single supplement (this enrages me greatly) - Fairview offered a very competitive price for single room (i'd rather spend my money on a gift for the happy couple). Now let's be honest - the Dales aint the easiest place to get to in the world for someone who doesn't drive. 'It'll be 5hours plus minimum' everyone told me. And judging by the remote location it was going to cost me a bomb in taxis to get form the nearest mainland station to the BnB too. So imagine my delight when Barbara offers to help plan me a cheaper route and even offers to collect me from the station. 'This is all working out perfectly' - i say to myself rather smugly, words i would later come to regret.

As I arrive in kings Cross the 15.05 train to Leeds i had planned to take is cancelled. The next one 30 minutes later which i had purposefully avoided as it left too little time for the connecting train is already running 10 minutes late. I eventually get to Leeds 25 minutes late and have missed the last connection that day to Garsdale where i was due to be picked up by Barbara. I call them to tell them my news and they are immensely helpful offering to flex around where and when i will finally be arriving. When i eventually get to them (courtesy of the taxi laid on by train company - did you know train companies are legally obliged to get you to your destination if you miss your trains due to their delays?), Gordon kindly offers to drive me half an hour away to the dinner with all my mates that I was scheduled to be at 2 hours previously, but which I had all but missed. It's not really worth it so i stay in the village where he sorts me out with the last table in the best village pub for dinner. By the time i pile into bed exhausted by my epic journey, i find not a measly single but a very generous small double bed, comfortable just the way i like it, and have a brilliant night sleep. The room is simple but all i could possible want is there, even an ironing board and hair dryer, and lovely fluffy towels.The bathroom is separate and shared with the other single but it is spotlessly clean with an amazing power shower and no hassle to share at all.

Breakfast is generous and delicious and just as I ask Gordon to book me a taxi to take me to the next village where a friend has given me her appointment to have my hair done - fate throws me the next hurdle. No local taxis available (there are only 2!), and i may as well have flown in Nicky Clark for the price it will cost me to get a cab from the next village to drive over, collect me, take me there and then drive me back again.

Drama. But not for Gordon and Babs. Quicker than you can say Vidal Sasson they sort me out with an appointment with a local hairdresser (why did I not think of that myself - doh) 10 minutes later and Gordon drops me off too! By the time i return, not only is my room spotlessly clean again but they have actually found that the couple in the room opposite me are also going to the wedding and have arranged for me to have a lift with them to the church.

I could go on with more anecdotes of motherly kindness, impeccable service and above and beyond thoughtfulness but i think you get the picture. These guys are pure gold. They genuinely love what they do, do it well and want to help as much as possible. Nothing is too much for them. It's thanks to people like this we have such a great, thriving tourism industry in this country. I genuinely wish them well in their business as they deserve every praise and every award they get.

I hope if you go to the Dales one day, your journey will be less traumatic than mine. But if you have Gordon and Babs on your side, it can only go well.

Emily, London.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Emily1980W
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Fairview, the location is ideal, the rooms were lovely, and the breakfasts were fantastic.
The hosts were really lovely people and very helpful, what more can we say!! We will definitely be going back, hopefully very soon!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Helen A
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We just spent two very comfortable nights in this gorgeous B&B. Set in a perfect location with great views of the dales & just two mins walk to Hawes town centre. The house & in particular, our room was furnished beautifully. The hosts were lovely & gave us some great dining recommendations. And their own breakfast was delicious! We loved our stay & will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alissa P
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed here for two days while doing the Pennine Way. I stayed in a very comfortable well equipped large single room (with great DVD library on the landing useful on rest days) and the owners were very friendly. Good tasty breakfast. Lots of choice for evening meals in Hawes.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Catherine P
Paynesville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

A real feeling of home comforts. Comfortable rooms, Excellent breakfast that will keep you full all day no matter what the Yourkshire Dales weather throws down at you.This is our second stay here while holidaying from Australia. I only hope we can still get a room next time over, better book well in advance.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tony r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawes
Stone House Hotel
The Board Inn
The Board Inn
#12 of 23 in Hawes
Riverside Bed and Breakfast

Been to Fairview Guest House? Share your experiences!