“We keep coming back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawes
Fairview Guest House
Ranked #5 of 23 Hawes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We have come to Hawes most Januaries and stayed at other B&Bs there, but we keep coming back to Fairview since we discovered it several years ago.

The hosts made us very welcome, were able to advise us on places to eat, and even made us a pot of tea to drink in the lounge on a wet afternoon. Great service all round.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and pleasantly decorated and we slept well in the wonderful big bed.

Will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tremend

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed here back in July (forgot to review). After looking at lots of different B&B options in Hawes and surrounding areas, we went for Fairview and I am SO GLAD we did. The rooms are so comfortable and have a cute cottagey feel to them. Everything was really clean, and we had ample storage for clothes etc. The owners were very friendly, and breakfast was lovely. Great location and the owners were really helpful letting us know where is good to go; the guesthouse also has Wi-Fi and helpful leaflets which is useful when planning trips. I would 100% recommend this guesthouse to friends and family.

One tip: we tried to get a table both nights at the Crown Hotel (top on tripadvisor and raved about by locals) but unfortunately couldn't get one. Definitely book in advance if you are planning on having dinner in Hawes.

Room Tip: From what I could see..all rooms looked lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Advisor99374
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed for just one night but it was a super treat. I arrived late and was greeted and shown swiftly to my very comfortable and well appointed double room. There is a lounge for guests with a very welcoming atmosphere. Breakfast was FABULOUS!! Very high standard of produce was served by a delightful and friendly young lady. Shame I was only there briefly, but will definitely return.

Room Tip: Room 1 - but I am sure they are all excellent
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank CarolVB
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Fairview house is situated on a main road but there is little passing traffic. It is only a short walk into town and to the cheese factory. A rope factory. open to visitors, is just over the road. Our room had a view to the mountains over green fields with sheep grazing. The room was more spacious than many with a couch to relax on. Breakfast was served in a bright room with garden views. Fresh berries were included in a range of fruits, full English breakfast was cooked to order with most ingredients locally sourced. The local jams were very good. In one month of travelling Gordon was the first to ask us when we wanted our toast served - before or after the cooked breakfast.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lird5
Reviewed 17 September 2013

That's not just my opinion, the Fairview has recieved a award from the community for the best breakfast among all the local B&Bs. They should also be awarded for their great service, very nice rooms and great location. I stayed in a cozy single for two nights and although the two singles shared a bath, I never saw the other person and like much more expensive hotels, they suppied guests with a high quality of shampoos, bath gells, creams,etc., gratis. Quality touch. Although the location was near the Wensleydale Cheese Factory, visitor/museum center, good restraurants, walks on the Pennine Way and the Sheep dog trials, I still had a 'countryside' view out of my window. I travel a lot and this is one of the best B&Bs I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I saw all the rooms and they are all charming both the en-suite doubles and two singles. My room was...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank 90Lauren
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The owners have done a remarkable job to restore this grand old house to an excellent standard.
The breakfast served was excellent.
However not all rooms are 'en suite' and if you are a senior citizen or have mobility problems, crossing the hall to the loo in the middle of the night is very inconvenient indeed. Also the room I had was located close to the stairs up to, and directly under attic floor room(s) which were occupied by an extremely inconsiderate noisy individual who did not retire until after 2 am and made a noise for over 30 mins, getting to bed, and then caused disturbance again later in the night. This person or persons need to be reminded that there other people than themselves on the planet. They completely spoiled my visit.

Room Tip: Avoid shared bath and Room 2.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kj h
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was our first visit to Hawes, and we booked this B&B on the recommendation of other TripAdvisor travelers....and it lived up to everything! The walk into the heart of the village takes less than 5 minutes, so the location is superb (and, it is right across the road from the Ropemaking and Countryside Museums). In addition, our room was an absolute delight: we had both a double as well as a twin bed, and a comfortable sofa and sitting area. The bathroom was ample in size and, thoughtfully, the owners had included washcloths (which are not always easily procured in the UK). Breakfasts were absolutely delicious and served in a sunny and cheery breakfast room. There is a large, comfortable living room for guests. Because of the nature of the Dales, the rooms enjoy absolute quiet at night -- there is no noise from outside whatsoever, except if you have your windows open and happen to hear some birds! We would recommend this B&B unreservedly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family