“A return visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawes
The White Hart Country Inn
Ranked #7 of 23 Hawes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Last visited in March 2012 when we were impressed and reported accordingly. Returned this time with a family group of 6. It has now clearly settled down with the new owners and the standards of pub food are high. We arrived at the back end of a busy lunchtime and the staff could not have been more helpful finding a table for us in the dining room. Also very thoughtfully produced rapid food for two perpetually hungry young boys which ensured a stress free meal for us and everyone else in dining room.

My son and I both had the seasonal pheasant dish which was great. I proceeded this with a homemade soup, butternut squash and cauliflower, which was just right on a cool day at the end of December.

Also enjoyed good local ales with my lunch.

Hawes has a lot of eating options but for me this one takes some beating for the quality of food and friendly service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The White Hart Country Inn

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed a couple of nights here, in May 2013. The food was amazing, the landlord and his chef made this stay memorable. He is a guy ready to joke, and she filled the belly and the soul with delicious food. Will definitely go there again, what a blast. Thanks White Hart.

Room Tip: All good rooms, ours overlooked the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Log fire on. Dog flat out and smouldering by the fire. Snowing outside. Hospitality spot on. Food available 12pm til 9pm. Steak and ale pudding - bliss. I'm sure that there are many places like this around here. Shame I'm not staying long enough to find out.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I went on a visit to the lovely village of Hawes and were looking for a place to have a bite to eat and get warm as it was a very wet and cold day. We came across this little gem of a place and a big bonus was the fact that theyhappily welcomed our well behaved dog in too.
The staff were so friendly and we sat next to the big log fire. The food was to die for and my husband said that the soup was the best he had ever tasted.
We would definitely recommend a visit to this lovely pub and we will make a point of returning again soon.
Thanks

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I called at Hawes and had lunch here defo the beast in Hawes ,hot beef and onion panini and a good bitter ,home made soup,and really good value .friendly service in warm pleasant surroundings

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We (wife and me) went to Hawes for the day and decided to stay at the last minute and booked into the White Hart Inn. An excellent reception by the staff and mine host Matthew.
A fantastic bedroom (room 2) extra large and modernised with a bathroom to die for. Warm and very comfortable. Breakfast included in the price but I wouldn't suggest "walkers" attempt the Full English as they probably wouldn't be able to move. Local produce cooked to perfection also a magnificent selection of non meat products for the Veggies amongst you.
The bar serves a great selection of brews you're spoiled for choice.
Would we go again - you bet we would.

Room Tip: Room 2 just for the size.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill C
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We spent 3 nights at The White Hart after travelling across from a stay in the lakes. We had stayed here before in 2005 and were more than impressed by the refurbishment that has been undertaken since then. Rooms are modern, light and spotlessly clean. The bathroom had been added with some thought. Room 1 (which we stayed in) had a large flat screen TV built into the bottom of the bed, which was great use of space.
We found the owner, Matthew, polite, friendly and accommodating which also reflected ALL the staff we met. Breakfast was nice and casual with plenty of choice. The food, both breakfast & evening meals were of a very high standard and tasty. I blame them for the extra stone in weight I took home with me. We heard the other side of the ‘terrible’ review from the cyclist. Apparently he thinks pushing his water bottle in front of staff and saying water is asking? Learn some manners you oaf! Courtesy & politeness get you a long way – if you were true Yorkshire you would know this.
We found the White Hart and its staff faultless and have booked to go back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SRFlamboro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawes
Stone House Hotel
#4 of 23 in Hawes
The Fountain Hotel
The Fountain Hotel
#14 of 23 in Hawes

Been to The White Hart Country Inn? Share your experiences!