“GREAT LOCATION PLUS GREAT FOOD & BEER”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawes
The White Hart Country Inn
Ranked #5 of 23 Hawes B&B and Inns
Bolton, United Kingdom
“GREAT LOCATION PLUS GREAT FOOD & BEER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight and were accommodated in an en suite room at the front overlooking the hills. The bed was king size, the room was spotless and the decor was ideal. We were made to feel very welcome by all the staff and enjoyed a quick snack in the bar before a walk around the village. The food was faultless, appetising and well presented.
We returned to the bar later on in the evening and whilst quiet we enjoyed a very pleasant time chatting and drinking with the owner. The Wensleydale bitter was quality - I had not drunk this before but would now seek it out.
After a good nights sleep we had a lovely breakfast before leaving and once again the food could not be faulted. The service was attentive without being overpowering and we will definitely return for another stay.
The White Hart is highly recommended - stay here, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front for the views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We did not stay here but enjoyed an excellent meal. It's a great location, right in the centre of Hawes. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Food was excellent and reasonably priced, and the menu appears to change regularly. A good range of real ales on taps added to our evening's enjoyment

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife dined here 06/04/14 absolutely excellant service staff were so hospitable, steak and ale suet pudding was fantastic good variety of ales and speciality ciders. The menu had a good selection available, may have to book if it's a busy time of the year. We will definately be back

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
John O'Groats, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My hubbie and I ate here twice whilst we were away for along weekend staying at West Burton.
Although an 8 mile drive it was worth it on both occasions.
The inn itself is tastefully decorated and in one area had a cosy logburner.
There was a very good choice of food on the menu and not overpriced.When our meals arrived on both nights they were delicious and so were the desserts.
What made this place extra special were the staff,everyone who dealt with us from the barman to the waitresses were so very warm and friendly and went that extra mile for us.
They are all a credit to your business.
This place really is worth driving that extra mile to.
We went on recommendation to The George and Dragon at Aysgarth,don't bother the White Hart is superior.
Well done The White Hart.

• Stayed March 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Long overdue review, but here goes! We arrived on a wet Friday afternoon in February and were immediately made welcome and shown to our room overlooking the main street and lovely church. The room was very large, beautifully decorated and the bathroom was to die for! Added touches of magazines, a hairdryer and fresh biscuits with the tea and coffee made all the difference. It was a twin room which the staff had made into a double by pushing the beds together and adding a mattress topper. I had my doubts about how comfortable this would be (images of hubby or me falling into the gap between the beds), but I am pleased to say they were quite unfounded and the sleep quality was fab which was just as well for reasons I will add later!
We were offered the winter offer for the evening meal package - an extra tenner per person for a three course meal off the menu. If you get offered this I would strongly recommend you take it - as it is an absolute bargain. I don't often like being tied to any one place but the menu was so varied it was not a problem. The garlic mushroom starter was fantastic, I had steak and the hubby had a steak pudding which was recommended by Darryl, (the best bar guy ever). We had to share a pudding as we were so stuffed and even then struggled to finish it. Bearing in mind the main courses alone cost over £10 each the meal was amazing value for money and the quality superb.
We had a wander around the other hostelries in Hawes - the staff at the White Hart advised on what was on - a darts tournament in one of the pubs made for quite a busy place. We finished back in the White Hart and sat at the bar talking to Darryl and Carol.. we visit Hawes quite often and they recognised us from previous visits even though we had not stayed at the White Hart before. A sign of good staff. Once the non-residents left we ended up having an impromptu birthday drink which is the reason I was glad the beds were comfortable and I didn't fall in the gap through the night!
Next morning we were served a three course breakfast which was outstanding - homemade granola among the assortment of cereals, fresh fruits and yoghurt and choice of cooked breakfasts- full English, kippers, smoked salmon and eggs, porridge all served with a proper pot of tea or a cafetiere of coffee. We were so stuffed, it was a relief to go out and walk it off!!
The second night was as good as the first - food excellent and a lovely nights sleep after a long soak in the bath!
It cost slightly more money to stay at the White Hart compared with the other pubs in Hawes, but it was worth every penny, and if you included the winter meal offer it's an absolute bargain. Final mention must go to the all the staff. The landlord was away for the weekend but the staff at the White Hart were fabulous - friendly and welcoming, from Darryl and Carol, to the waitresses, the chefs and the young lad who made a cracking job of cleaning up in the morning! The only bad point was that the White Hart is already booked up when it's the hubby's birthday and I don't want to stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've eaten here before and I've drunk here before but the last visit was the first time I had actually stayed in the White Hart.

There is much talk of Yorkshire Hospitality and rightly so. The warmth of the greeting from Matthew and his staff matched that of the log fire in the bar.

The bedroom was light and spacious with lots of hanging space and a beautifully decorated en-suite bathroom. I later discovered that the bed was extremely comfortable.

The choice and quality of drink is comprehensive. Lots of real ales, wine and a few hidden gems. Ask to see the Craft Beer menu. There are some unusual and delicious ales listed there. I sampled the Anchor Porter and can wholeheartedly recommend it.

The menu had my mouth watering and the food when it arrived it was cooked to perfection.

A great evening, lovely meal and a good night's sleep. Now comes breakfast.

Juices, cereals, yoghurt and fruit. Then the piece de resistance, the full Yorkshire breakfast. A glorious way to start the day. Cooked fresh, none of your dried up baked beans or cold bacon here. Egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, fried bread and a lovely chunk of Black Pudding all washed down with freshly brewed coffee.

So a great, if brief, stay and a big thank you to Matthew and his staff.

Room Tip: Room 3 is lovely.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nyamaropa
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

When we arrived in Hawes on foot, we were cold and wet from the heavy rains. The inn is on the main street and was very easy to find. The shower in our room at the White Hart Country Inn left a very good first impression! The twin room was spacious and comfortable after a long day of walking, we were very grateful for this.

We stayed in for drinks and dinner and were made very welcome by Matt. He was friendly and efficient. The food was very good, and (as mentioned in my previous review) my friend's lactose-free diet was no problem here for the chef since I had mentioned this when I booked our one night stay.

Breakfast here was very good. The yogurt and fruit was unbelievable! Also the black pudding and porridge with Yorkshire honey was excellent. We set off soon after breakfast since our toughest leg of the walk lay ahead...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawes
Stone House Hotel
#13 of 23 in Hawes
Ebor House
Ebor House
#3 of 23 in Hawes

Been to The White Hart Country Inn? Share your experiences!