“Great Place to Eat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawes
The White Hart Country Inn
Ranked #5 of 23 Hawes B&B and Inns
“Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The service is very good and the food excellent book early as gets very full.
Great beer Excellent lunches.
We had gammon and the pan fried chicken both generous and excellent.

Coffee very good quality

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rugby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Had a really nice meal at The White Hart, the staff were welcoming and friendly and the food was good.

Plenty of choices and a nice atmosphere.

Had a starter and main but resisted a desert (even though they sounded lovely).

Good selection of drinks also available at the bar.

If ever in Hawes again would definitely return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Goole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Called in for a swift drink in the afternoon and were that impressed by the bar staff and the sound of the menu that we decided to book our evening meal there. After a slight mix up with a booking, we were finally shown to our table around half an hour after we had originally booked for. However, the food was definitely worth the slight delay and once we'd ordered the food was served promptly, by very friendly staff. We would definitely return to this little gem in a lovely spot in the Dales.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My new husband and I decided to go for a meal at The White Hart Inn after reading wonderful things, and we were not disappointed. We arrived a little early so our table was not quite ready (it was a Friday evening so we had booked in advance - advisable!) but we had no sooner ordered our drinks at the bar when a lovely chap took us to our table. He then very kindly used his own initiative & took a spare cushioned chair from another table for me, and replaced it with my wooden one as I am 8months pregnant. This little touch was really appreciated. He then came to take our order and unfortunately they had ran out of Steak and Ale Pudding which I had my heart set on - so I ordered chicken instead. However, the gentleman returned a few minutes later to inform me he had spoken to the chef who had agreed to make me a pudding from scratch for me - another gesture that shows the staff really do go the extra mile for the customers. Both my husband and I enjoyed our starters and mains, and the bill came to much less than we anticipated. Fantastic evening, and would highly recommend to anybody visiting Hawes or surrounding areas.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank LuTommo
Radcliffe on Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is the second time that we've stayed at this country Inn, enjoyed the accommodation and food last time and it equally as good, if not better this time. Owner/manager Matthew was very friendly and hospitable, cheerful banter with bar, lounge and restaurant guests. Room spotless and modern, with everything you could wish for, superb stay and hope to visit again very soon.

Room Tip: Book a table for the restaurant. Only thing about the stay is there seems to be a phantom church be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hellifield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I, together with two other couples stayed here for a night to celebrate my birthday. One couple bought along their dog, as the hotel has a dog friendly room; and what a good room it is. Twin beds, fastened together to make a large double. The room is a very good size, as are the other two rooms along the front of the Inn. The bedrooms are lightly, but tastefully furnished, en suites are a generous size, with contemporary white ware.
The evening meal was very well prepared and of good quality, mainly local produce being used. Wines are a reasonable price, as are the meals.
Breakfast, the next morning was enormous and very tasty. I do not think I have ever seen egg yolks so yellow.
The only thing I can say for a negative comment, is that the three rooms on the front of the hotel are next to the one way, cobbled road, which can create some traffic noise in the morning, when the farmers start their early morning tractor driving, but it is a small price to pay, to stay in such a lovely part of the country and in such a nice Inn.
If you now want to visit the Yorkshire Dales, after watching the Tour de France, I can recommend the White Hart Country Inn, for it's convenient position, friendly helpful staff and great food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here as a last minute decision, & what a decision it was. The room was beautiful!! The food in the evening was wonderful, & too was the breakfast the day after. Would definitely recommend here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawes
Stone House Hotel
#12 of 23 in Hawes
Ebor House
Ebor House
#3 of 23 in Hawes

Been to The White Hart Country Inn? Share your experiences!