“Great”

Cuisines: British
London
“Great”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Couple of trips. Chips fantastic both times. Peas great. Only barrier to 5 stars was that on one occasion my cod was the size of a pilchard. Very popular, and I will definitely return

Visited June 2014

United Kingdom
“Chippie Heaven”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hawes Chippie has become a favourite of mine and I try to eat here whenever I'm in Hawes. Honest fresh cooked fish & chips with mushy peas (none of that frozen fish here) Yorkshire sized serves - you don't leave hungry. I've tried both the eat in and take out choices - both excellent. I bought friends here last week and we all enjoyed the fish supper (eat in). My friends are counting down the days until they can visit again - - 103 days to go ! But I'll be eating at the Hawes Chippie again before then :-)

1 Thank chefbronte
Dundee
“Finest Fish and Chips”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stopped here on a recent visit to Hawes managed to get a table despite it being Tuesday when the local market is in town. We paid £8.15 each for a fish tea, large piece of cod in crispy batter, lovely chips and a little dish of some of the best mushy peas we have had, bread and butter and a pot of tea excellent value. They also provide gluten free options but you have to be prepared to wait the 20-30 mins it takes for them to heat up the fryer, but it's worth it. Don't just visit the cheese manufacturers next time your in Hawes.

Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Take away fish n chips”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We had take away from this establishment. It was fantastic value for money. I can honestly say these were the best fish n chips I've ever had, lovely crispy batter, plenty of chips and we even tried the deep fried Wensleydale cheese which was delicious.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Disappointing Visit”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I holiday regularly in Hawes and always look forward to good english fish and chips from The Chippie. I have eaten here many times before and so headed straight there...however it was disappointing. I don't know what has happened but the chips were scrappy, the fish was so thin it was overcooked and the curry sauce just went straight in the bin. I hope they get their act together soon as this used to be a great little chip shop.

1 Thank Elizabeth L