My wife and I stayed at the hotel on Saturday 29th September to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary.
The location is ideal and the view from our room was stunning.
We booked on a bed, breakfast and dinner basis and upgraded to a deluxe room ( number 9).
The stay cost us £240 which is not cheap but overall we felt it worthwhile for a special occasion. The room was comfortable and in fitting with the historic building which is a welcome change from some of the modern shoeboxes. On the downside the shower was very weak and there was some rust on the bath.
There was no iron in the room but one was provided by houskeeeping.
The staff were friendly and efficient. The bar area is comfortable and the wood fire welcoming.
The food in the restaurant was good, if a little rich, but the menu was limited. Breakfast was excellent.
The main drawback was the location of our room which was over the bar area and was a bit noisy. Having said that we did go to bed early as my wife is pregnant and we we not drinking.
The worst element of the weekend was a wedding party which was dining in the room next to the restaurant and allowed their children to run screaming in and our of the connecting door throughout the meal.
Check if a wedding party is booked before you stay, we will in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire