We stayed at Simonstone Hall after a charity do and got a special room rate of £70 instead of £165. We would definitely have refused the room if we had paid the full price. There was little space around the bed, the wardrobe was not deep enough to hang a coat hanger in and there was no drawer space (not that we needed it for one night). Worst of all was the lack of any sort of view. If you are paying £165 to stay in a country house hotel in the middle of some the best scenery in Britain you do not expect to look out onto a flat leaded roof. The only glimpse of Wensleydale was from the loo. The bed was very comfortable but as the radiator managed to hiss all night I didn't sleep too well. So please specify that you want a room with a view when booking. The food was OK but not outstanding.
Wensleydale is beautiful and I would recommend the area to anyone. Hawes is a busy country town with plenty for tourists to do, the scenery is great and there are lots of lovely walks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire