I thought I was just reviewing the restaurant rather than the hotel, so excuse me if you are looking for a review of the hotel. The following is just my view of the restaurant.
A group of us had an evening meal prior to settling into a nearby holiday cottage. After a longish drive when arriving into the lovely building, it was as though the fatigue of the day just melted away.
The service was friendly and excellent and the food was nicely prepared and presented. There may have been adventurous food in prospect, but we went for the more traditional "comfort" feed. This was good in quality and was of ample portions.
Several of us wondered whether the next trip here should also have accommodation to take advantage of the good range of beers.
We arrived during the dark a,d suspected the views from the hotel would be good. When walking in the daytime the day after dining here, this was confirmed with the sweeping views across the dale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire