My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night and were captured by the place from the moment we arrived. We drove up to view the property at 11:30am and noticed a sign offering morning tea. When we mentioned that we were to spend the night the receptionist offered to check if our room was available and straight away checked us in before serving beautiful coffee and scones. We had reserved a superior room but due to an error on the reservation email we were upgraded to a luxury room which was amazing. The room was extremely large with comfortable chairs and a king size bed which was very comfortable. The view from the room over the Yorkshire Dales, much of which was covered with snow was superb. Our package included dinner bed and breakfast and the food and service by the waiter, who was originally from Transylvania, was first class. This is an amazing hotel with so much character and we would highly recommend it to those travellers looking for an unforgettable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire