We stayed at Simonstone Hall with 2 other couples, I have been passing this hotel for the last 40 yrs, have eaten, drunk and been to weddings there but never had the opportunity to stay overnight. So we decided to book with friends and have a nice long weekend and loved every minute.
The hotel is in a stunning location, lots of nice walks in the area and plenty of things to do, the grounds are stunning too and being able to sit out at the back and watch the new born lambs running around in the field next to the hotel was lovely.
We ate both nights in the brasserie, the food was nice although frozen chips in this kind of hotel was a little dissapointing, but you can't have everything I suppose !! Staff were extremely friendly on reception and in the bar / brasserie. We had a Dales Room (no 8) and were very impressed, the bathroom looked slightly dated and could do with modernisation but that is the only critisism. When we awoke on the first morning we made coffee, opened the curtains and laid in bed to soak up the magnificent view from this room.
I am so glad we booked this weekend, our friends loved it too and they all said they would love to return. We are already saving and planning our next trip to Simonstone Hall :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire