A brilliant location, whatever the weather. We have just have just spent 2 nights on a dinner bed and breakfast basis with our friends, including some great walks around the area, directly from the the hotel so you can park your car and you will not need it again until you leave to go home. Close by is a local pub, the Green Dragon Inn, Hardraw, which was only a 1\3rd of a mile away serving good ale including Timothy Taylor's Landlord plus tasty snacks! Suggest you plan this to be at the end of any walking route!
The hotel is so close to being 5 star with it's great location, good food, good service and friendly ambience ................but, in my opinion, the following let it down:-
Our room, room 4, although was a great size, was let down by a very small TV, our shower showed some signs of mould on the grout, additionally, with the sun rising at around 4am in the morning, it would have been great to have blackout linings to the curtains. A very annoying oversized shower accessories rack in the 'not too large' shower cubicle caused the odd expletive from my better half!
I realise that to some people such things are not an issue, but when you are spending over £200 per night, it is the little things that make a difference!
So, in summary, we will definitely be giving Simonstone Hall another try, great location and many goods points....just minor improvements needed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire