We stayed here for our anniversary as it is close to where we live and we fancied treating ourselves without having to travel too far. The location is fabulous and the hotel has fantastic views. We had one of the 4 poster rooms which was spacious and attractively furnished. The bathroom could probably have done with updating but the shower was excellent so I was happy. We ate dinner in the hotel and the food was in the main, excellent, although my steak was rather fatty. The chef came out to speak to all the diners to ask if we had enjoyed our meals, and I did the typical English thing and said "yes thank you it was lovely" - I didn't mention the fatty steak!! Breakfast the next morning was more disappointing. It came on a plate swimming with cooking oil and the waitress forgot our coffee and it took ages for us to catch her to remind her. Overall, I loved the location and the room but was less impressed with the food (although my husband thought his dinner was fantastic).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire