We were looking for a short break to shake off the winter blues after Christmas.
We checked out a new of country house hotels in the area and thought Simonstone looked good value for money.
We stayed in room 7, honeymoon suite, with 4 poster bed. The room was spotless, they even invite you to look under the bed. There is a sign in the room. The views from the room were magnificent down the valley over looking the river and Hawes beyond.
We went on the BB and D package so every thing except drinks were included.
The hotel was vi ritually empty only 3 bedrooms occupied which meant the bar and restaurants were very quite. It was nice having the place to ourselves so as you would image the service was very attentive. Food was diff inversely acceptable. We have had better but definitely had a lot worse. Breakfast was as you would expect we had full English. Very tasty bacon and sausages cooked as we requested.
Location is good near to lots of waterfalls and the Wensleydale Cheese factory.
It was a very nice way to spend a January weekend and best of all the weather was great.
We worth a visit and good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire