We had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend Simonstone. We booked at very short notice having decided to move from a disappointing B&B elsewhere and were really impressed with the friendly and welcoming reception staff. We were given what must have been the best room in the hotel (and one of the nicest rooms we've stayed in) with a huge four poster bed and amazing views over the terrace, fields and hills. The room was beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable, clean and relaxing. We had a lovely drink on the terrace before a surprising good candlelit dinner with great views. Food was generous and well presented, a mix of good pub grub and some restaurant style dishes. The wine list was limited but very reasonable. There were a good range of options for breakfast. Throughout our stay, the service was excellent - very friendly and efficient. The building and decor are lovely, not too formal and stuffy, but attractive, comfortable, spacious and relaxing. We'd love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire