We first went to Simonstone Hall last year, I booked it as a surprise for my wife's 30th birthday and we fell in love with the place! I wanted somewhere 'posh' but affordable near Hawes where I used to come every year as a child, and Simonstone had a great spring deal and fitted the brief!
The hotel is 3 star, although (from our limited knowledge of hotels) you wouldn't know it wasn't higher.
The setting is amazing! Positioned perfect walking distance from Hawes, the Buttertubs and Hardraw Force and the hotel gardens are beautiful.
The rooms are probably a little bit on the basic side - everything is perfectly decent but the bathrooms could do with a spruce up and maybe a little modernising throughout - but only if we're being really picky! Caffetiers are provided in the rooms which is always a positive.
The staff are only to pleased to help satisfy your every whim and the food is to die for. We ate in the restaurant first time we went, and the bistro/bar the second time although the food was equally excellent! I mean really good!
All in all we cannot recommend Simonstone enough and if we need to prove the point further we went again this spring and are already looking forward to our next visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire