We turned up at the hotel on a glorious Wednesday in Jan 09 to see if they had a room for the night.
As the did we booked in. The hotel is set just outside Hawes in Yorkshire and I would say a great place if you are walkers or shooters.
The views from the hotel on a clear day are nothing short of stunning.
As it turned out we were the only guests staying there that night and the service was excellent. Caroline was on duty and fulfilled many roles and Amanda the Canadian girl was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
The evening meal was easily restaurant standard and far better than I have had in many in a similar price bracket.
In the morning breakfast was cooked to order and well prepared - the only downside was the mist meant we couldn't see the views.
I would say not a place I would want to take my children but for a little romance or a get away from it all break the hotel and surrounding area are both well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect haven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire