“Wensleydale Creamery 2013”

US$56.78*
Yorkshire Dales Day Trip from York
US$101.39*
and up
York Super Saver: North York Moors and Whitby Day Trip plus Yorkshire Dales Day...
US$398.80*
Private Group Yorkshire Dales Day Trip from Leeds
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Hawes
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Went to this during summer 2013, saw hand made cheese being made, and the cheese tasting was good fun, i enjoyed it a lot.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent as always....plenty of tasty cheeses to try and purchase...wide range of gifts in Shop and no pressure from Staff

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have been visiting this establishment for years and it has become a family tradition that when we are in the area we go and visit. Admittedly its not a tour but it is nice to have a look around and for £2.50 you cant really complain about that. If I was reviewing just the factory it would be 5 stars simply because as a child on holiday I used to love it. The issue is 100% the restaurant.

As we entered the restaurant we only wanted a quick drink but there was no other area for this so me my partner and brother went to the bar to get some drinks for the family, as it stated on the door to find a table and order at the bar (just so you know I am now 24 not a child any more). At first we were ignored by every member of staff even after something was dropped over the bar and my partner handed it her back which was rude enough in my eyes. however one of the staff members in an incredible rude manor shouted from across the bar "you need to find a seat and we will take your order". Slightly taken a back by her attitude we found a seat and waited, firstly nobody looked even slightly interested in taking our order, and secondly when we were given a menu the woman that had originally told us to sit down simply slammed the menu on to the table and walked off, didn't even acknowledge we were there.

The drinks were fine not great quality, however personally my pet hate is cask ale being kept in the fridge however not many people are fussy about little bits like that. There was quiet a wait for our drinks which was a pot of tea, a hot chocolate, a coke and a cask ale not exactly a complicated order but seemed to take a while.

When we came to pay the same rude woman was at the till, she was clearly doing something so we just waited patiently and asked quickly "is this where we pay". Again she didn't acknowledge we were there just ignored us and kept doing what she was doing (no other member of staff there so no possible way of confusion). Eventually she finished what she was doing and instead of even looking at us she walked off and shouted at a younger member of staff to serve us.

I have never been treated so poorly by a member of staff in any establishment but what makes it worse is by the way she was talking to other staff members I suspect she is a supervisor. What ever you do avoid this restaurant as the staff are poorly trained have few to no manors and seem to have no interest what so ever in doing their jobs properly. I am sorry for the length of this review but when you are on holiday the last thing you need is to be annoyed by people like this so please avoid the restaurant at all costs. This was my partners first trip here and I wanted to share an experience I enjoyed as a child however we left very disappointed and annoyed at the situation.

I will go back to the factory simply because it is a treasured childhood memory however there is no chance I will ever use their restaurant again.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I am only ever six weeks away from a visit to the dales and always start my visit here. The gift shop is brilliant plenty of varied choice, always buy something. The cheese tasting room is legendary enough choice for all tastes, again always come home with a good selection. The coffee shop is very good with perfect views of the dales, on good days you can sit outside. I can recommend the toasted teacake served with Wensleydale cheese but having said that the cakes are just as good. Definitely a place not to miss.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

cheese was good.found quince jelly.hot choc was gorg as has mallows on top. unfortunately only restaurant open so we stood waiting 5min to be informed that no tables as cafe was close. surely a small sign replacing wait her for table to no tables so sorry