“Holiday”

Ebor House
Ranked #3 of 23 Hawes B&B and Inns
“Holiday”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Spent three lovely days with Jonie and Stuart last week end in Eborhouse House.
Lovely people, room excellent and clean, breakfast excellent, would definitely book again.
A real warm and friendly welcome awaited us. Fred and Maureen Brailey, Odiham Hants.

Room Tip: Just ask Janie or Stuart.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We are regulars at Ebor House because you always know you're going to get a great stay. Once again we weren't disappointed. Lovely stay. Lovely breakfast. Rooms spotlessly clean. And Janie and Stuart were the perfect hosts as ever. Thank you and hope to see you again soon :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We received a warm welcome from Stuart upon arrival, he showed us to our room which had lovely furnishings, it was immaculately clean as was the bathroom which also had complimentary toiletries a great bonus. Being a chocoholic I also appreciated the thorntons chocs. Breakfast was fantastic, loved the fruit salad, full english and toast. Stuart and Janie were great hosts, very friendly and hospitable, helping us choose our walk and even lending us a book to take with us. Overall we had a brilliant time and would definitely recommend it to friends and we will be back again soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
birmingham
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed as a group of three who were doing the Three Peaks Challenge which started at Horton-in-Ribblesdale 30 minutes away. Hawes is a great location and a quaint little village, tastefully adorned with Tour de France/Yorkshire paraphernalia in the Summer.

We had told the owners that we would be arriving later (between 8 and 9) on the Friday night. We arrived at 915pm due to motorway traffic and were a little taken aback by their abruptness when they let us in. We tried putting this down to that famed Yorkshire bluntness but on further reflection to say to us "it holds us up you see" is not the sort of welcome I would expect when paying £65-85 per night. It really felt like we had put them out when as paying customers, they should be a bit more welcoming. Worth noting they do not let under-18s or wedding guests stay here.

Despite our first impressions being rather negative, I have to say they did redeem themselves when we had breakfast on the Sunday. They were chatty, friendly and hospitable. The cooked breakfast was fulsome and the portions generous.

One gripe was that my towels were not changed - I left my used one on the floor but this was just hung up on a hook without being replaced. Similarly a bottle of water that I was grateful to see in my room was not replaced but I was less irritated by that.

I paid a lower rate for an external private bathroom the other end of the corridor. I couldn't complain about this - it had a great shower - except that one of the shampoo dispensers did not work. My room was a touch warm, even after I had opened the window but you can stay here and be perfectly comfortable. It was a hot weekend after all.

Would I stay here if I came back to North Yorkshire? Hmm, Id have to say I'd probably try somewhere else first but given how much I enjoyed breakfast, I've generously given them four stars.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Passing through Hawes, looking for somewhere to stay the night, we stumbled upon Ebor House, how lucky we were!

Stuart and Janie, who own and run the guest house, could not have been more friendly and helpful. The place and rooms are very well furnished and immaculately clean. Breakfast was delicious and they took pride in the fact that they source all the ingredients locally. There is private off-street parking behind the building but also on-street parking in front, on the other side of the road. We had a good natter in the morning after breakfast and they are very knowledgeable about the area and willing to take the time to share with their guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights at the Ebor House. Janie & Stuart were great hosts, really making you welcome, nothing was too much for them to do. A nice touch was that they remembered everyone's name. Food was great, setting you up for the day. Rooms very clean, and the decor tastefully done, must be Janie's influence.....

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steveandtheboss
staffs
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just returned from a break in the Yorkshire Dales and last port of call was at this little gem. Janie and Stuart were perfect hosts and very passionate about their business with lovey touches such as the little bag of chocs in which the wife and I fought over . Spotlessly clean , good brekky and great location for walk into town and walks locally . No hesitation in returning as we have un-finished walks to do .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawes
Stone House Hotel
The Board Inn
The Board Inn
#12 of 23 in Hawes
Southview Bed & Breakfast

Been to Ebor House? Share your experiences!