“Our family-friendly favourite in Hawes”
Review of Herriot's Kitchen

Herriot's Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Hawes
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Our family-friendly favourite in Hawes”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We love this little gem of a cafe and have just been for our annual 'soup and sandwich' visit today. If you like delicious home cooked quality lunches then this is an excellent choice and the surroundings are bright and cheerful as this cafe is also an art gallery (some really beautiful paintings too!) There is also overnight accommodation I believe but can't comment on that as we only visit for lunches or coffees. Our kids also love this place and are always made more than welcome, with little personal touches like making my son a coronation chicken sandwich without any sultanas. As a result, the kids enjoy our visits as much as we do and once again today badgered us into getting a carry-out of their soup to take back to our caravan for tea. See you again next year :)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Angela M

Wigan
“Dream cheese scones”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews on here early this morning, so decided to stop here the cheese scones and chutney absolutely mouth-wateringly yummy. And the shortbread served with out drinks was fantastic. Mum bought some to bring home. Lucky big sis, little brother and me. The owners are really welcoming and the place is spotless. Treat yourself and you won't be disappointed. We shall be back.

Visited April 2014
Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife, 2 small children and I visited Hawes on a Sunday afternoon and stumbled upon Herriot's by chance and we are so pleased that we did.
My wife popped in to speak to the owner to ask if they served Gluten Free food and was told they do and the owner came out to help with our double buggy up the stairs and even opened up a secure corridor for us to place it in.
He very helpfully made sure our children were well cared for both in terms of a suitably large enough table, highchair and drinks/snacks etc - nothing was too much trouble which was most appreciated.
My wife and I both had delicious sandwiches (I throughly recommend the BLT made with local bacon) and enjoyed looking at the artwork on display in the lower area.
I would say that Herriot's is child friendly and very welcoming with great food, just the ticket for some foot sore tourists.
We will go back there next time we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Souper Trip Down Memory Lane”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We visited Hawes today as we had stayed at the Herriots over 25 years ago before we got married. Today it was cold and wet but we received a warm welcome and opted for soup and a sandwich. We had a great conversation with the owner who told us how he and his wife ended up in Hawes. The food was tasty, fresh and reasonably priced. The cafe area was very clean so i'm glad we weren't muddy!

• Visited March 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great food and friendly”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Title says it all. Owners are very friendly, the scones, tea and hot chocolate were very good. The place is spotless and you can admire the artwork on the walls. They offered to fill up my bike bottle before I'd even thought to ask. Would definitely return.

Visited February 2014