“PERFECTION” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kirklevington
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“PERFECTION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have actually lost count of how many times me and my partner have stayed and dined at judges overall! We eagerly returned last night for Dinner Bed and Breakfast, having not been since May! After a friendly welcome from reception, being shown to our lovely room for the night, then sprucing up to go down to the lounge, we were then greeted by Dominique and Angelo and congratulated on our pending new arrival in January! Sitting relaxing whilst waiting to go into the restaurant it was so nice to be asked if I would like a non alcoholic cocktail as I had stated how much I was missing a good ole tipple! Especially the Champagne :'( ! Much appreciated so Thank you for that! Dinner.....well nothing much to say! Perfection. I find it difficult to stray from the Beef Fillet.....but I did and chose the Venison with braised red cabbage, boudin noir and chocolate sauce! Delicious! My partner having the Lamb, equally enjoyed his meal, and I had the Michel Cluizel Chocolate cake for dessert! YAY! We then enjoyed a Cheese Board and Tea/Coffee and petit fours back in the lounge before retiring for the night! We really hope to return in December, all being well!....and this will be the first port of call next year for my first glass of Champagne after a 9 month abstinence! Keep up the good work everyone!
Candice and Del. P.S Just to add, your toilets are far from scruffy. Can't please everyone I suppose!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Just super! Thank you on behalf of us all and many congratulations on your pending arrival! I'm also glad that we still had the Michel Cluizel chocolate for you! As always thank you for your support and for spreading the word about us, it means a great deal to us especially after someone has just taken a swipe at us. Take great care and we look forward to seeing you again in December. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 22/10/13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Cleveland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I attended an after wedding function at Judges last night in the Courtyard Suite.
If you are going to a function at this venue, take your own drinks!!
Pint of Carlsberg and a Gin and Tonic £12.15
Pint of Carlsberg and a bottle of Peroni £10.00
Their attitude seems to be, it's a captive market, we'll charge what we want.
More expensive than London's West End
Hardly top notch venue, poor service and scruffy toilets
Give it a miss

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank johnandpat
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
I think this review says more about the person who wrote this is than it does us.

The prices for the orders mentioned are: £9.50 & £8.15 respectively. So, at the outset, this review is misleading.

Neil served this guest his first round of lager and Peroni and the guest complained then, saying how wealthy he was but that our prices were more than Norway which is the most expensive country. He then proceeded to open up an account for further drinks.

We look out at our pricing very carefully to make sure that it is competitive and
our bar tariffs are clearly on public display. This review also really irritates me as it suggests that we are arrogant; the people who know us know that this is the farthest thing from the truth.

Because of people like this, who think it's ok to bring your own booze to a function, the car-parks are now monitored for this very reason and anyone caught bringing their own booze is asked to leave.

We welcome all feedback but I would say that this is the first complaint we have had regarding our bar prices, as well as our loos, that I can remember. Tim Howard GM 20/10/13
Holywood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We came for lunch on Sunday with my 3 year old girl. The food was excellent, we both had the lamb.

We got the pumpkin risotto for my daughter which was really lovely, although the only thing I would say is cater to your audience though, as they served my child's risotto in an enormous ornate bowl piping hot which I asked them to transfer into a more suitable cool bowl which they did with no issues.

The setting was beautiful, food excellent, service great and we will definitely be going back!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for this review. We do try to get every detail right all the time and, as all of those involved here have children of their own, we know the importance of using cooler plates for our younger guests. We should have got this right at the outset and I am sorry that we did not. But thank you for these comments, it is feedback like this that helps to keep us on our toes. We hope to see you again very soon. Kind regards, Tim Howard GM 22/101/13
middlesbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

After looking at many diffrent venues for our wedding day we decided on Judges the minute we seen it. Not only for its stunning setting but mainly due to the wedding coordinator Emma, we found emma to be so good at her job and nothing was to much, which really helps when booking a wedding.
Our day arrived and we could not of asked for more, Emma and Neil are exceptional , they both really ensure that all of your guests are having a good time and that everything is how you want it to be.
We have had lots of people compliment the food, it was superb and plenty, which can be rare we have found when being at other venues for weddings.
We cannot recommened Judges enough, stunning place, excellent staff and the hotel rooms are lovely, very comfortable, clean with a classy feel to them.
Other venues we found did not have the same level of service or intimate feeling as judges and I will be forever grateful to Judges and all of the staff (especially Neil and Emma) for giving us our dream day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of all the team, both front and back of house, thank you very much for your kind words; they really do mean a huge amount to us. Please don't forget to tell your friends about us! Every happiness to you both and we all look forward to being of service again in the years to come. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 22/10/13
uk, north east
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I got married here at the beginning of the month. I stayed the night before with my bridesmaids in room 8 (my fav room!) and we all loved it! Stayed in room 6 (honeymoon suite) the next night, my new husband and myself loved it! The wedding was amazing, I couldn't make a single complaint if I tried! The attention to detail, the care they put into everything, nothing is too much trouble, Emma is fantastic and Neil was an absolute star!! Not forgetting everyone else that works at judges, your a credit to the place! Can't wait to come back!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
This is just fabulous. On behalf of us all I don't really know what else to say other than a thank you. Please do remember to tell your friends about us! Every happiness to you both in your future together and we look forward to being of service again in the years to come. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 18/10/13
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We attending a friends wedding here and to be fair the place is amazing. Everything was very good, although a bit on the pricy side. We didn't actually stop overnight because of the cost and found a wonderful b&b a few mile away. If you want to get married you would struggle to find anywhere better, loved it.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank David B
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Judges in the near future. Kind regards, Tim Howard GM 11/10/13
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Booked judges for my first wedding anniversary for a surprise for my wife, and what a surprise it was she loved the hotel and the location. On arrival we were met by a friendly member of staff who made us very welcome and showed us to our room which was fantastic (room 6) with great views of the gardens, and to have a television in the bathroom was just one of the many extra little touches that the hotel offers. The staff are excellent and take time out to talk to you and make you feel welcome. We use the hotel again and would recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: Room 6 was fantastic but I would imagine all the rooms are of the same high standard