Judges Country House Hotel
US$152
US$147
Best Western Parkmore Hotel(Stockton-on-Tees)
US$106
US$124
US$115
Claireville Hotel(Stockton-on-Tees)
TripAdvisor
Blue Bell Inn(Ingleby Cross)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewswedding venueafternoon teamaster of ceremoniesbridal suitefabulous weddingwedding breakfastcomplimentary sherrydaughters weddingspecial thanksmr mrsjacuzzi bathgarden roomthe main hotelnight porterfour poster bedlittle touchesmodern bathroom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Having lost count of how many times we have stayed at Judges, I can honestly say that when we return home after a night here, we eagerly look forward to the next! We are sad that it has been a while since we were here, we anticipated a return this month after having a baby, however we have ended up waiting to move house in june/july time! I can not believe that some people when visiting hotels/restaurants etc are unable to forgive and forget mistakes that may be unfortunately made, and I am certain that any error that occurs at Judges will be minor to say the least! We have probably never had better food.......the staff are very friendly, welcoming and professional, the hotel itself is inviting and comfortable and I would be the first person to give any constructive criticism, if there was any!......It annoys me that people forget that any managers, waiting staff, chefs, etc are only human and should be treat with the same respect as you wish upon yourself.......and not treat like they are only there 'to serve'. The saying 'the customer is always right' is by far the most incorrect statement I have ever heard in my life. And that is shown clearly in some previous reviews about Judges.
Can not wait to return!
Candice and Del

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank candice b
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

What a super way to start the week! On behalf of us all thank you very much for your kind words and also for your continued support. Please do tell your friends about us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Judges in the near future. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 19/5/14

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Judges - it was quite a last minute stay to attend a friends evening wedding event. We arrived in the afternoon and had a lovely welcome and were shown to our room.... which was excellent with lots of little items to make the stay memorable! Luckily the weather was very nice so we took a stroll around the well-kept grounds and well laid out paths. Relaxing back in the room was lovely due to comfortable furniture, pleasant surroundings and lovely view (obviously as well as the great company of my wife!), and I was actually quite disappointed that we had to go out in the evening.
The staff were able to book a taxi for us to travel into Yarm (although with a little more time we probably would have walked it) and were always helpful and on hand if needed.
Having slept wonderfully in the comfortable four-poster bed, we set about having breakfast...... which was a veritable feast. I could actually have stayed at breakfast for a few hours, enjoying the wonderful conservatory location and excellent food........ unfortunately our stay was one night only and parent responsibilities had to take over..... although we did manage to travel back via Roseberry Topping and walked off some of the delightful breakfast fare.
Really hope to return very soon.....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick B
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

To protect our feelings, like anyone in the public eye, we have to be reasonably thick skinned about what is said about us. None the less we still care deeply every day about what we do and how we make people feel. Enduring the previous unkind, and untrue, review for a week now has been pretty miserable for us all at Judges. So reading this super review has certainly helped to redress the balance and to cheer us all up. On behalf of us all, thank you very much for your kind words and we all look forward to welcoming both you and your family back to Judges in the near future. Kind regards, Tim Howard GM 17/5/14

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Visited for afternoon cream tea with about 25 others. Service appalling one waiter on hand alone to serve..extremely rude. Not enough sandwiches to go round our table then no cakes left for us. Finished eating before any drinks were served. Expected much more from Judges. Very disappointed. Will not be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014
31  Thank na52hfn
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Reading this first thing on Saturday morning was quite disturbing on several levels. This was a leaving-do for a local primary school teacher. The organizer had booked fifteen full afternoon teas with additional cups of tea and coffee to be served to teachers as they came by later. Within twelve minutes of the first guest arriving a further twenty-three teachers had arrived. One of the teachers then complained that there weren’t enough cakes etc. Hasan and Fern (see the review below) explained what had been ordered and offered to arrange more afternoon teas to be supplied by the kitchen but the guest declined to pay for these and then blew up. We are not a charity. Hasan, as well as Fern, are horrified that they have been described in this way and I do feel very sorry for them. I contacted the reviewer on Saturday morning, via Tripadvisor, explaining what had been booked originally but have not had a response. I spoke to the organizer and the Head Teacher of the school on Monday morning as the initial profile picture chosen by this contributor was extremely disturbing in its nature - especially given the recent tragic events involving a teacher in Leeds. Whilst talking they have both kindly acknowledged that we have not done anything wrong. The matter has been reported to Tripadvisor and the primary school is now investigating this as well. Unsurprisingly the contributor has now changed her profile picture, perhaps at the suggestion of one of her two colleagues who have liked this review. Tim Howard GM 12/5/14

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had not been here in four years, despite multiple trips to the UK and am very sorry !
We had an EXCELLENT evening and meal in the conservatory with attentive but not intrusive staff (shout out to the very charming Fern who catered to our every need).
The food is indeed expensive and worth every penny. The menu is innovative, absolutely beautiful to behold when it arrives and is presented to one at table, and best of all, scrumptious.
There were 2 in our party who are pretty hard to please (other than me, hah!) and they came away completely satisfied with every aspect.
Our little group decided that in future, when we all congregate again, that we'd rather have one meal here than multiple ones elsewhere, it's that good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank YR R
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Reading this last thing on Friday night was just super, on behalf of all the team thank you very much for your kind words. Please do continue to spread the word about us and we all look forward to welcoming both you and your group back to Judges in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 12/5/14

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Me and my husband choose Judges to be our wedding venue 05.04.14. The Court Yard Suite was perfect for what we were after. The large room for a formal sit down meal, the lounge bar for a relaxed atmosphere and the private gardens which made for beautiful pictures... As well as the rest of the grounds and the hotel.
The staff! Well, Emma the events organiser is worth her weight in gold! I emailed her constantly for 18 months regarding wedding ideas, thoughts and concerns. Emma was always happy to help me, even though most of the info I was after was nothing to do with my booking with judges. Emma always seemed happy to be involved in my wedding really was a massive part of making the big day happen. I met Neil the night before the wedding! I wish it had been sooner! He was so kind and thoughtful and had a great sense of humour and work ethic. Neil looked after me the night before and all day during the wedding! He was the perfect master of ceremonies and I was really happy to have him there. Then there was Kim, who worked on reception! I called her none stop the evening before the wedding & on the morning. Kim had the answers to all my questions regarding breakfast, opening windows, getting me spare safety pins amongst lots of other things. Kim really didn't mind my many phone calls and was very cheery and happy to help me in my requests. I stayed in room 18 the evening before the wedding. It was spacious and well maintained. The fridge came in handy and the staff had already stocked my fridge with some soy milk for my cups of tea/coffee. I stayed in the honeymoon suite the evening if the wedding. We had a lovely big soft bed and the views from the room were lovely. Jacuzzi was great.
Now to the food!!! Wow... From breakfast to BBQ to 3 course meal the kitchen staff know how to cook up a storm! The breakfast is fabulous value for money, I ordered more than one plate of food and I highly recommend the French toast & poached eggs and spinach English muffins. Everyone enjoyed their meals at the wedding we had beef and chicken and goats cheese tart for the vegetarian option. If you are thinking of having a wedding if judges... You will not be disappointed! If you are wanting a nice hotel stay with some gorgeous surroundings to explore... You will not be disappointed! If you are after some delicious food... You will not be disappointed. If you are after fabulous staff & customer service... You will not be disappointed! 5 stars! We can't wait to go back for an anniversary celebration!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Toni M
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I don't know what else to say in response to this review other than thank you very much for your kind words. It's probably best if I just shut up now and look forward to your return! Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 8/5/14