We chose to stay at Goldsborough Hall as we wanted to experience a stately home style stay in a B&B environment rather than a country house hotel. We were not disappointed. With only a handful of rooms, we felt that we were the only guests - in fact at dinner we were. The meal was excellent, complimenting the salubrious surroundings. The gardens are a delight as is the library, we were disappointed that we did not have longer to enjoy this lovely room. Our room was large and filled with character, the four poster was almost the size of some smaller hotel rooms we have stayed in! The staff were friendly and relaxed and on departing it was lovely to chat to the property's owners, who took a genuine interest in our travels. Certainly a unique experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goldsborough Hall is a beautifully restored, privately owned stately home tucked away in the small village of Goldsborough, just off the A59 between Harrogate and the A1M. The 400yr old hall has had many residents through the years, being built for the high sheriff of Yorkshire, the last resting place of the eldest founding father to all thoroughbred horses and most famously the first family home of HRH Princess Mary, the aunt of our current Queen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Goldsborough Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldsborough Hall Hotel Harrogate
- Goldsborough Hall Knaresborough, Yorkshire