If you ever wondered what is like to be a house guest in a stately home then Goldsborough gives you the best chance you will get to find out. The Hall is an historic house with a rich and interesting past that has been bought by a young couple and lovingly renovated back to its former glories after a period as a nursing home. It is used primarily as a wedding location at weekends but at other times offers five rooms/suites for B & B. The rooms are beautifully fitted with massive plasmas and state of the art bathrooms. The more lavish (and we had a chance to look at all of them) are truly indulgent with the top of the range having a huge four-poster, a sunken bay-window bath and a cinema screen to watch in bed. The hosts, Richard and Clare are truly welcoming and friendly and take every effort to ensure that you enjoy your stay and the house is magnificent. Don't expect all the bells and whistles of a 5-star hotel. There is no bar, no dining room and no gym/swimming pool but that is not what this place is about. This is an unusual chance to stay in the sort of property you normally only visit with the National Trust. Not cheap, but strongly recommended if you want something special and a bit different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goldsborough Hall is a beautifully restored, privately owned stately home tucked away in the small village of Goldsborough, just off the A59 between Harrogate and the A1M. The 400yr old hall has had many residents through the years, being built for the high sheriff of Yorkshire, the last resting place of the eldest founding father to all thoroughbred horses and most famously the first family home of HRH Princess Mary, the aunt of our current Queen. The Hall has recently been awarded 2 AA rosettes for culinary excellence and the dining room is open to both resident guests of the Hall and non resident guests. Table bookings are by appointment only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Goldsborough Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldsborough Hall Hotel Harrogate
- Goldsborough Hall Knaresborough, Yorkshire