“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 17 Knaresborough B&B and Inns
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for work and it was lovely. The room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast had great choices and the evening bar menu also had lovely meals, with a large specials board. Although a pub, the food wasn't your typical pub grub like I was expecting but great quality and some of the nicest meals I've had out. The service was great and one of the evenings I ordered room service as I was working and they brought my meal up for me no problems at all. Would definitely recommend and would stay here if I was to pass through Knaresborough again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Megan T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wakefield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stopped here for 1 night on 21st in order to see the Blue Stots Mummers perform their play in the pub.The staff were really helpful in getting me a good view and reserving a table for me to have a superb meal from their Xmas menu.They have a brilliant range of real ales including at present 2 beers which are for charities and a 7.55 Imperial Russian stout which was ideal for getting to sleep!
The room was very clean and tidy,lots of stuff to make a drink with.En suite with a shower cubicle.Water very hot.I was in room 4 which has a view over the adjoining church and graveyard(nice,not spooky!).Very quiet with no noise from downstairs at all.central heating great and very comfortable bed.Breakfast menu has a good selection even including omelettes,all freshly cooked to order and how you like.
it is next to train station so ideal although as I found this morning,trains do not run on a Sunday until after 11am.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a corner room with nice views and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Leeds, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Called into the Mitre for some food and a beer after a morning in Knaresborough as it's extremely convenient for the train being virtually on the station, my wife and I both had Broccoli & Stilton soup to start which was delicious, I had the steak and ale pie which was full of tender meat in a crisp short crust pastry and a rich gravy, my wife had some tasty homemade fishcakes which were fried in a light crispy batter accompanied with a pot of mushy peas, salad and coleslaw, both dishes came with very nice homemade chips which are always a winner in my book.
One of our meals qualified for the 2 courses for £12 50 deal which is excellent value for money considering the quality of the food.
The beer was well kept and in good condition, the staff were efficient and the service very good which made it a very enjoyable lunch.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I came here last Monday, stopping off on the way to see Harrogate Railway play (I live down South) Anyway, a few days before I emailed asking what ciders they did, a prompt reply was received and there were 2 I'd not had. So I thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and have my dinner there too.

The home made burger was delicious and of a great size. You had a choice of garnishes too - i opted for bacon and chilli jam. Service was quick and friendly. Prices average for a place of this type - not too much more than Wetherspoons and the food is light years ahead. Was great to try Original Sin (American) cider and Autumn Magic (Gwynt y Ddraig) too

Parking was a bit sparse, could prove a problem/bit of a walk during busy periods, but trust me, it's worth it

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RussWWFC
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the mitre inn yesterday. The building is old and the pub has a ye olde feel about it with good selection of cask ales and lovely patio area. It's right next to the train station down a small road. The rooms were very modern warm and clean. Taking us to our room is a nice touch. It is situation 5 mins from the river. The breakfast was amazing with choices you would expect from top notch hotels. The portions healthy but more importantly of great quality cooked fresh. The waitress and all the staff were attentive and we will come back again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here Saturday 5th October 2013. Food was excellent with fantastic service, waiter and barstaff very helpful and knowledgeable. I am a real ale drinker, the Mitre has a massive choice of beers and stouts well over 12 to choose from!! Barman knew his stuff. Only wish we were able to book a room for the night as the accommodation looked very nice. Would highly recommend for a nice drink and a great meal.

• Stayed October 2013
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went there for Sunday lunch the other week for my wifes birthday. She's wheat intolerant and they adjusted the menu to cater for her needs and the food was tasty, plentiful and priced very well - in fact my starter (stilton mushrooms with garlic) was the best of it's kind I've ever had. Unfortuately, although the plates were red hot, my vegatables were cold and my wifes were luke warm.....and the apple sauce I had was still at fridge temperature! There was noone else in the restaurant (all the other diners were eating in the bar) and so once the waitress delivered our main course we didn't see any other members of staff until we had finished. She didn't want me to complain as it was her treat. That said the lamb and pork were both very tasty......so get the final details right and you'll be on a winner - we were probably just unlucky.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knaresborough
BEST WESTERN Dower House Hotel & Spa
#7 of 17 in Knaresborough
Goldsborough Hall
Goldsborough Hall
#1 of 17 in Knaresborough

Been to The Mitre Inn? Share your experiences!