“Mitre Inn Excellent”

and 1 more site!
The Mitre Inn
Ranked #6 of 15 Knaresborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2014

having got off the train and the weather was somewhat adverse to say the least we opted for a drink here to let the rain pass

plenty of choices of real ale to choose from plus a lunch menu that looked varied..... we noted there was a plenty taking that option --- as we was only passing by that will have to wait !

staff friendly helpful so another visit is required here its on the list of to do"s

id agree with the past reviews if your in Knaresborough worth calling in

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank castle1_10

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I visited here recently with friends and we had a very good lunch for a reasonable price. The menu was varied and the service was quick and efficient but unhurried and friendly. For those interested, there is a wide variety of real ales and specialist lagers. Well worth a visit if you are planning a trip to Knaresborough.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for work and it was lovely. The room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast had great choices and the evening bar menu also had lovely meals, with a large specials board. Although a pub, the food wasn't your typical pub grub like I was expecting but great quality and some of the nicest meals I've had out. The service was great and one of the evenings I ordered room service as I was working and they brought my meal up for me no problems at all. Would definitely recommend and would stay here if I was to pass through Knaresborough again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Megan T
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stopped here for 1 night on 21st in order to see the Blue Stots Mummers perform their play in the pub.The staff were really helpful in getting me a good view and reserving a table for me to have a superb meal from their Xmas menu.They have a brilliant range of real ales including at present 2 beers which are for charities and a 7.55 Imperial Russian stout which was ideal for getting to sleep!
The room was very clean and tidy,lots of stuff to make a drink with.En suite with a shower cubicle.Water very hot.I was in room 4 which has a view over the adjoining church and graveyard(nice,not spooky!).Very quiet with no noise from downstairs at all.central heating great and very comfortable bed.Breakfast menu has a good selection even including omelettes,all freshly cooked to order and how you like.
it is next to train station so ideal although as I found this morning,trains do not run on a Sunday until after 11am.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a corner room with nice views and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Called into the Mitre for some food and a beer after a morning in Knaresborough as it's extremely convenient for the train being virtually on the station, my wife and I both had Broccoli & Stilton soup to start which was delicious, I had the steak and ale pie which was full of tender meat in a crisp short crust pastry and a rich gravy, my wife had some tasty homemade fishcakes which were fried in a light crispy batter accompanied with a pot of mushy peas, salad and coleslaw, both dishes came with very nice homemade chips which are always a winner in my book.
One of our meals qualified for the 2 courses for £12 50 deal which is excellent value for money considering the quality of the food.
The beer was well kept and in good condition, the staff were efficient and the service very good which made it a very enjoyable lunch.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I came here last Monday, stopping off on the way to see Harrogate Railway play (I live down South) Anyway, a few days before I emailed asking what ciders they did, a prompt reply was received and there were 2 I'd not had. So I thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and have my dinner there too.

The home made burger was delicious and of a great size. You had a choice of garnishes too - i opted for bacon and chilli jam. Service was quick and friendly. Prices average for a place of this type - not too much more than Wetherspoons and the food is light years ahead. Was great to try Original Sin (American) cider and Autumn Magic (Gwynt y Ddraig) too

Parking was a bit sparse, could prove a problem/bit of a walk during busy periods, but trust me, it's worth it

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank The Wycombe W
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at the mitre inn yesterday. The building is old and the pub has a ye olde feel about it with good selection of cask ales and lovely patio area. It's right next to the train station down a small road. The rooms were very modern warm and clean. Taking us to our room is a nice touch. It is situation 5 mins from the river. The breakfast was amazing with choices you would expect from top notch hotels. The portions healthy but more importantly of great quality cooked fresh. The waitress and all the staff were attentive and we will come back again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knaresborough
Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa
#3 of 15 in Knaresborough
The Market Tavern
The Market Tavern
#9 of 15 in Knaresborough

Been to The Mitre Inn? Share your experiences!