Right in the centre of this very pretty town with rooms behind the pub in the converted stables this was the perfect stop-off on a trip up to Scotland. Actually we would have liked to have spent longer as we enjoyed our stay so much. We stayed in Room 1, nice and quiet even though there was karaoke in the pub that night. We had parked in the market place in front of the hotel [pay and display] but there are spaces in the courtyard at the back. These are quite - no very - tight if the car park is full, but experienced help is on hand from Debbie to guide you out again!
The room is quite dark although it has a small window to the courtyard and another to the back. There is no bath but a good shower [with some very nice soap, shampoo etc dispensers] and a large sink - all very clean. The room has a comfortable 4ft 6in bed with duvet, small TV, good wi-fi signal and an efficient electric heater as well as all the usual furnishings.
We ate in the restaurant - lots of competition as every other shop in the town seems to be an eating place of some sort. Food was good, large portions, quickly served but they do stop serving early [7.00pm] if there is entertainment later.
All the staff were especially helpful and friendly and made our short stay both comfortable and memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Olde-Worlde public House situated in the heart of the Market Square of Knaresborough. We have 6 en-suite rooms which are seperate from the pub itself. Each room has parking just feet away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Book Direct Rooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Old Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Royal Oak Hotel Knaresborough
- Old Royal Oak Knaresborough, Yorkshire