I should first declare that I have already reviewed this establishment - so in those circumstances read on if you wish.
Rated AVERAGE again - but this time only just- perhaps a little unfair to say that as were no real problems - just a few little things not worthy of complaint - but here they are:
1.Only towels for one person - swiftly corrected when asked
2. Only one glass in bathroom
3. No soap in dispenser (shower gel left in room - perhaps as substitute) - despenser left open on 2nd day but no replenishment - was weekend so hotel may have "run out"
4.No bath mat - corrected on second day.
All the above of little consequence to us - but if competitors can get these small details correct so should The Kestral.
Oh! and like so many of these typeof hotel only one seat in the room. Why oh! why cannot a second seat be provided - not everyone wishes to sit the the public lounge (None in this case - just the pub) all the time.
But yes we would go back - well situated basic accommodation -basic food a little over priced but ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for budget accommodation in Knaresborough or near to Harrogate Conference Centre, this country lodge in nearby Plompton is perfect for both short breaks and business trips.The lodge is well placed for exploring the many charms of picturesque Knaresborough, historic Harrogate and unspoilt cathedral city Ripon. It's also an ideal base-camp for anyone wanting to immerse themselves in the Yorkshire Dales.Along with 10 comfy en-suite rooms, there's a pub serving a tempting menu of hearty, seasonal food together with a range of cask ales and wines. It's so cosy you could end up cancelling the hiking and sightseeing in favour of a day eating and drinking instead.But you wouldn't want to miss Harrogate's tourist treasures. Delve into antique shops, relax at the Turkish Baths, or sip a Darjeeling at Betty's iconic tearooms. Nearer home you can hunt out the cave of infamous Yorkshire witch Mother Shipton or marvel at the 30 acres of intriguing mineral formations at Plompton Rocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kestrel Pub Hotel Knaresborough
- Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough Yorkshire