I stayed the night here in October, had a light supper and also had a business lunch during the day.
The room was OK, nothing special but nothing to complain about. Decor a bit dated but that's not a problem.
Lunch wasn't brilliant. I ordered the fish on a risotto base. It was dreadful. Soggy stodgy rice (not a risotto in any sense of the word unless you include the fact that it included rice!) and the fish had dried out on top and had curled at the edges. Quite obviously it had been cooked some time before and had been kept warm. I didn't complain simply because I was with a colleague and our client was paying for the meal. When will restaurants learn that you can't keep fish waiting around for ages. It only takes about 3 minutes to cook the size of fillet I had so there is no excuse for not preparing it freshly. Very disappointing.
The evening meal was good and breakfast was OK with a keen and chatty waitress, but there was some very unfortunate language being used in the kitchen, loudly so that I could hear every word. I don't want to hear kitchen staff swearing (too much Gordon Ramsay?) ever and certainly not at breakfast at 07.30.
Not somewhere I would choose to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for budget accommodation in Knaresborough or near to Harrogate Conference Centre, this country lodge in nearby Plompton is perfect for both short breaks and business trips.The lodge is well placed for exploring the many charms of picturesque Knaresborough, historic Harrogate and unspoilt cathedral city Ripon. It's also an ideal base-camp for anyone wanting to immerse themselves in the Yorkshire Dales.Along with 10 comfy en-suite rooms, there's a pub serving a tempting menu of hearty, seasonal food together with a range of cask ales and wines. It's so cosy you could end up cancelling the hiking and sightseeing in favour of a day eating and drinking instead.But you wouldn't want to miss Harrogate's tourist treasures. Delve into antique shops, relax at the Turkish Baths, or sip a Darjeeling at Betty's iconic tearooms. Nearer home you can hunt out the cave of infamous Yorkshire witch Mother Shipton or marvel at the 30 acres of intriguing mineral formations at Plompton Rocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kestrel Pub Hotel Knaresborough
- Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough Yorkshire