OK, so if you're after a boutique hotel with cutting-edge decor, don't book into The Kestrel. However, this hotel is in a great location, with sweeping views across the fields, and the rooms are warm and comfortable, even if the decor is now slightly dated - not that this worried us unduly. We stayed during a very cold spell, and were never cold indoors. The breakfasts, although not cooked, were more than adequate with a good selections of cereals, yoghurts, toast, bagels, etc, with fill-ups of coffee and tea, with attentive staff. (Just one slight negative from a confirmed coffee-lover: the quality of the coffee could be better - decent stuff isn't difficult to source, and need not be top price...) We ate at the restaurant on a couple of occasions, for convenience, and found the food very acceptable. The restaurant is obviously popular with local people, as it soon fills up in the evenings and weekends. We would happily stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for budget accommodation in Knaresborough or near to Harrogate Conference Centre, this country lodge in nearby Plompton is perfect for both short breaks and business trips.The lodge is well placed for exploring the many charms of picturesque Knaresborough, historic Harrogate and unspoilt cathedral city Ripon. It's also an ideal base-camp for anyone wanting to immerse themselves in the Yorkshire Dales.Along with 10 comfy en-suite rooms, there's a pub serving a tempting menu of hearty, seasonal food together with a range of cask ales and wines. It's so cosy you could end up cancelling the hiking and sightseeing in favour of a day eating and drinking instead.But you wouldn't want to miss Harrogate's tourist treasures. Delve into antique shops, relax at the Turkish Baths, or sip a Darjeeling at Betty's iconic tearooms. Nearer home you can hunt out the cave of infamous Yorkshire witch Mother Shipton or marvel at the 30 acres of intriguing mineral formations at Plompton Rocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kestrel Pub Hotel Knaresborough
- Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough Yorkshire