This is a Vintage Inn/Inkeepers Lodge pub and you get what you expect if you've been to any of the chain. The bedroom was small but the bed was comfortable enough - you would not want to spend time there other than to sleep and then get dressed in the morning. The bathroom was adequate but not over clean - brick dust from drilling out holes to replace a soap dispenser hadn't been cleaned up and a hair which matched neither mine nor my wife's was still on the bathroom floor on the third morning of our stay. The pub/restaurant gets very busy in the evenings. There are no table reservations and you could be unlucky if you want a table - all you can do is wait until someone leaves. The service at the bar is sometimes agonisingly slow - it seems that it needs a bit more active management to move staff around and to get customers through a bit more quickly. However, it seemed to empty completely between 8:30 and 9:00 so if you didn't mind eating late, that would be a good time to arrive. The food was the standard menu for this chain - adequate and no better and a bit dull if you've already explored the menu at another pub in the chain. The breakfast is again standard for the chain - adequate and no better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for budget accommodation in Knaresborough or near to Harrogate Conference Centre, this country lodge in nearby Plompton is perfect for both short breaks and business trips.The lodge is well placed for exploring the many charms of picturesque Knaresborough, historic Harrogate and unspoilt cathedral city Ripon. It's also an ideal base-camp for anyone wanting to immerse themselves in the Yorkshire Dales.Along with 10 comfy en-suite rooms, there's a pub serving a tempting menu of hearty, seasonal food together with a range of cask ales and wines. It's so cosy you could end up cancelling the hiking and sightseeing in favour of a day eating and drinking instead.But you wouldn't want to miss Harrogate's tourist treasures. Delve into antique shops, relax at the Turkish Baths, or sip a Darjeeling at Betty's iconic tearooms. Nearer home you can hunt out the cave of infamous Yorkshire witch Mother Shipton or marvel at the 30 acres of intriguing mineral formations at Plompton Rocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and LateRooms so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kestrel Pub Hotel Knaresborough
- Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough Yorkshire