“AVERAGE FOOD @ RUDE STAFF !”

Drakes Fish and Chip Restaurant and Take Away
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I called into Drakes restaurant for supper and was ignored initially. The restaurant had 4 other diners, so they were not busy.
I decided on the steak pie with chips which was served fairly quickly. The pie was soggy and had obviously been microwaved. The so called bread and butter was served with the tinyist scraping of spread, it may as well have been dry !
Whilst eating one of the waitresses who completely ignored me and clearly did not want to be there, clashed and banged plates and cuttlery behind a service counter !

Don't bother. A complete fiasco and a waste of money !

1  Thank southport76

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Felt hungry and called in for a quick take away . Ordered a fish cake and chips according to the menu £2.55 . I was charged £2.70 when I queried it I was told by the young assistant with a personality bypass that he had to charge me 15p for the tray it was in. Now this is a take away how else do I get them our of the shop I wasn't offered them wrapped in paper . I've never been charged for the tray or wrapper at any chippy in Britain . The portion of chips wasn't very big and the fish cake and chips were very greasy - never again !

2  Thank Rlowrie02
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Good old fashioned chippy. Does just the job when a fish supper is exactly what you fancy. Light crispy batte and tasty chips. Flexible opening hours too.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I ate here September 2013 with some people from work as it had been recommended to us as a great place to get Fish & Chips within the local area. We had a late lunch and so it wasn't overly busy (about 1/3 full).

The food was great and there were no complaints from any of us. We had a mix of different things from the menu and everyone agreed the food was very good and worth the money (it was actually cheaper than expected).

The atmosphere inside is very nice, with it being decorated in a classical sense. The restaurant as a whole looked clean and looked well kept, with no sign of dirty plates etc. Reading some of the reviews I do question if we were lucky in that regard as it wasn't too busy, however when we visited the restaurant was as expected.

Overall it was a great place to eat and the food/decoration made the trip worth it. I would happily eat here again and recommend it to friends.

1  Thank LifeInAHotel
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Had the jumbo haddock the fish had crispy batter and lovely chips,service was good and friendly will go back here again.well worth a try.