“Really fresh fish and chips”

Drakes Fish and Chip Restaurant and Take Away
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Had the special fish and it was cooked upon ordering and was huge..great value for the price and you get a massive portion of chips

1  Thank scottonBoz

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I'd give this a 3.5 out of 5. Two haddock and chips, £10.90..a good deal and good food! A bit chaotic on a Friday late afternoon/early evening but the staff seemed to be on top of it all.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We ate at this chippy and was presented with the OAP lunch. A generous portion of well cooked and good quality fish. Also included was a pot of tea or coffee and bread a butter. Very good value.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I called into Drakes restaurant for supper and was ignored initially. The restaurant had 4 other diners, so they were not busy.
I decided on the steak pie with chips which was served fairly quickly. The pie was soggy and had obviously been microwaved. The so called bread and butter was served with the tinyist scraping of spread, it may as well have been dry !
Whilst eating one of the waitresses who completely ignored me and clearly did not want to be there, clashed and banged plates and cuttlery behind a service counter !

Don't bother. A complete fiasco and a waste of money !

1  Thank southport76
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Felt hungry and called in for a quick take away . Ordered a fish cake and chips according to the menu £2.55 . I was charged £2.70 when I queried it I was told by the young assistant with a personality bypass that he had to charge me 15p for the tray it was in. Now this is a take away how else do I get them our of the shop I wasn't offered them wrapped in paper . I've never been charged for the tray or wrapper at any chippy in Britain . The portion of chips wasn't very big and the fish cake and chips were very greasy - never again !

2  Thank Rlowrie02