“The Tardis”

Zolsha Indian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Knaresborough
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Zolsha is a sleek and sophisticated Indian dining experience located in the centre of the ancient market town of Knaresborough. On the River Nidd in the Borough of Harrogate. Since the opening of Zolsha in 2007, we have gained a huge reputation for our high quality cuisine, vibrant atmosphere and first class service. We are delighted to announce that we cater for any size of event, whether that's indoors or be it outdoors. Moreover, we are happy to cater for your individual requirements and propose something based entirely on your bespoke needs. The all the rage 'Thursday Evening banquet', seasonal cooking with great value set menus and, of course, our lazy 'Sunday mega buffet'
Lincoln
“The Tardis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked the Thursday special, two courses and a glass of wine for £8.95.
The place looks fairly unassuming from the outside, but inside it is very spacious with a large, comfortable seating area and lots of tables for diners. The lighting and decor are contemporary and really well done. Everything was spotlessly clean.

I thought we may be the only people there at 6.30 pm but soon discovered how popular the place is when we entered. The food was superb, served piping hot and the service was brisk and efficient. On leaving we were given a keyring and a car air freshener!

All in all, the best Asian food we have ever had in a very smart restaurant at a bargain price. I wish they would open one up in Lincoln!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank CandSLincoln

Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“Been again (and again and again)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just been to my favourite Indian restaurant (AGAIN). If I could I would eat here every week but as usual, I'm on a diet. Well I blew the diet last night and had yet another wonderful meal there with hubby and our daughter! The manager is always welcoming and very helpful (I have food allergies and he is always quick to tell me if I pick something that I can't have) They also do takeaways but only for collection. They are always so busy I doubt they would have the time to do deliveries.

Thursday night is the two course banquet and a drink for £8.95pp and Sunday's is the all you can eat buffet for £8.95pp. You will need to book though, they are always busy these nights. These two offers are served until 5-9pm.

The service is always great, very willing to help, the food arrives pretty quick and the restaurant is always clean and has a nice atmosphere.

I highly recommend this.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank neverin13
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and outstanding service... EVERY TIME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Having visited Zolsha on many occasions I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed. Naz and his team greet you as you arrive, seating you in comfortable chairs whilst you peruse the fantastic selection of authentic and freshly prepared dishes. From the very moment you enter the restaurant, you are made welcome and the atmosphere is relaxing (although it does get very busy most Fri/Sat evenings. Once you've had an opportunity to enjoy a relaxing beverage and made your menu choices, you are escorted to your table along with your drinks.

I've dined here as a couple, with friends and with family members and have always been made to feel like part of THEIR family. Everybody I have dined with has commented that the food is fantastic, the service 'first class' and the whole experience left them wanting to return. If that isn't testament to a well-run, experienced establishment then I don't know what is!

My advice to anyone wishing to visit Zolsha for the first time is expect 'perfection', because when you get there, you certainly won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank MyOpinionIsMyOwn
“Maybe we were unlucky!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back from eating at this restaurant. Eating as a word would be pushing it though! Service was dreadful. Food unedible. Went with the family with no limit on budget as we are away. Happy to pay the price whatever but expected a reasonable meal. Starter ok. Mains. My sons ok. Mine sent back. My wifes sent back. Both chicken dishes that were warm on the outside and cold in the middle. Replacement meals steaming hot. Very hot. Microwave hot. Meat tough! So disapointed as we have l Ioved being here in Knaresborough. Knocked off a main off the bill, in fairness to them. But. None of it was worth paying for, but I did without question. Hope to come backnto the area but will never go to zolsha again. Even ifbit were free. Sorry. Very disappointed. :-(

6 Thank Keith T
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The food at the Zolsha is amazing, I think the buffet is great, you can get as much as you can eat from a good selection of the Indian dishes. Lovely friendly atmosphere, we will definitely be going again.

• Visited June 2014