First of all, Knaresborough is terrific!! A tranquil, cosy and truly English small town in the Yorkshire countryside. We were excited and looking forward to a well-earned rest from the horrendous stress of day to day city life. The town was everything we wanted.
Upon arrival we were greeted and checked in by who I’m assuming was the hospitality manager Mr Harty who seemed overly pleased to see us. (Apologies, if we didn’t note the name correctly).
The room was disappointingly average. We can’t complain because it were clean and in character but were missing a few basics i.e. toilet rolls and soaps. Saying that, once reported they were filled within minutes. Wi fi wasn’t working and no sky!! We thought this would come as standard these days especially with the price.
Not expecting a great deal we ventured into the Health Spa. What a difference!!! We couldn’t believe such a fresh, well equipped and pleasant environment existed within a dated hotel. We cannot stress how clean the whole spa was. Every time we looked staff were cleaning or attending to other customers on an extremely busy day.
We weren’t booked in for beauty treatments (my bad) but to our surprise we were offered perfect time slots by a very pleasant young lady named Harriet. I actually believe that Kerrie ( Who gave me the best massage I’ve ever had!) stayed after her shift to complete our treatments, I peeked at their schedule.
Shortly after we cluelessly hit the gym. We must have looked like gym virgins as Ben came straight over and spent a good half hour showing us how to use the equipment.
We earned our relaxing sauna and Jacuzzi before been waited on hand and foot by Simon (How he coped with us ill never know). We cant tell you how nice it was to have two handsome, attractive and down to earth Men spending the afternoon with us. We ended up spending way too much money down there but well worth it.
Back to the hotel. The evening meal was average and pricey compared to the lunch we had ( different chefs?) After a boozing night in Harrogate we came back to be kept up all night by rowdy men staying what sounded like the other side of the corridor.
Overall I struggled to rate the visit. The spa and area definitely 5*+ hotel much lower. We recommend booking accommodation somewhere else local with WiFi BUT visit the Imagine Health Spa!!!!
Kate and Claire
(we purposley didnt read any reviews before the visit or before writing this. We wanted to give a honest, unbiased review for you all)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Dower House Hotel is as full of character as it is convenience, when you're not enjoying a good nights sleep, you can relax in our recently refurbished Imagine Health & Spa with a swim, treatment or work out.You'll not only enjoy the sights and sounds of the traditional market town of Knaresborough, but also the opportunity to take in beautiful river walks and historical landmarks such as Mother Shiptons Cave and the Castle ruins ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Dower House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Dower Hotel
- Best Western Knaresborough
- Knaresborough Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Dower House Hotel & Spa Knaresborough, Yorkshire