Having read some of the reviews on this site, some good, some not so good. I decided to try it for myself, Knaresborough is a hidden gem with a great deal of history. The Dower House was a wonderful find, A Georgian Listed building of great character. Beautifully clean, fantastic restaurant with a lovely view of the garden, rooms were perfect particularly the bathroom and the furnishings! The Staff are an absolute wonder, cheerful friendly, professional and very helpful. (Even down to helping me with De-Icer for my car this morning due to it being a tad frosty outside! Had a great deal, two nights including bed, breakfast and 3 course evening meal for the first night for a £136.00 per room. Great value! The staff were brilliant. Its a quirky little hotel, lots of little nooks and crannies, a beautiful lounge area .with its original fireplace and Georgian front door, lovely little bar area, very nice restaurant. Good gardens and a great Spa!! I definitely recommend the Jacuzzi and pool, its small but perfectly formed and free to guests. Very relaxing. Its a short walk to the right to Mother Shiptons cave and gardens from there you can go to the Worlds End pub very nice and on down the side of the River and see some beautiful dwellings and amazing carvings in wood! Come back over cross the road another very pretty riverside walk, or along the river into this historic town. Lots of little cafes along the riverside and boats to hire for a picnic. I actually prefer Knaresborough to Harrogate it really lovely. All in all a great place to stay. Yes there are no stairs in this hotel, its Grade 11 listed but hey a little exercise is good! The staff will help if you need it. Dont expect chips!! the food is good without being too english!! I also recommend a wonderful restaurant up the High Street turn left out of the hotel cross at the crossing and walk up the bank Carriages is on the right a little further up. Its old quaint, quirky, a little bar in the centre with restaurant either side, the food is incredible and I would go again in a heartbeat. Would I go again to this hotel? The answer is simple, yes. The staff are fantastic the hotel lovely and the area historic. Well worth a visit!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dower House & Spa is as full of character as it is convenience, when you're not enjoying a good nights sleep, you can relax in our recently refurbished Imagine Health & Spa with a swim, treatment or work out. Award winning Storm Restaurant offers a seasonally changing menu and daily specials that you can enjoy overlooking the terrace gardens. You'll not only enjoy the sights and sounds of the traditional market town of Knaresborough, but also the opportunity to take in beautiful river walks and historical landmarks such as Mother Shiptons Cave and the Castle ruins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Dower Hotel
- Best Western Knaresborough
- Knaresborough Best Western
- Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa Knaresborough, Yorkshire