“A great dining experience with food that delivers beyond expectation.”
Review of Becket's Restaurant & Grill - CLOSED

Becket's Restaurant & Grill
Price range: US$16 - US$47
Cuisines: American, European, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Becket's is a contemporary restaurant situated in the heart of the historic market town of Knaresborough in North Yorkshire.Offering an eclectic and varied menu in relaxed surroundings, all of our dishes are freshly prepared to order, using only the best quality locally sourced produce.
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Having read the fantastic reviews Becket's has on tripadvisor we decided to book for Sunday lunch. The whole experience was amazing from entering the lovely restaurant building to eating the final mouthful of our desserts. The service was fantastic, the wine was lovely, the food was gorgeous with very good sized portions. As new residents in knaresborough we will be looking for our next opportunity to dine at Becket's.

2  Thank Laurasop
Steve P, Owner at Becket's Restaurant & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you, and once again all previous reviewers who have taken the time to comment on their visit to Becket's.
I am delighted we managed to provide you with an enjoyable first visit.
Welcome to Knaresborough, and let's hope you join our ever growing band of 'Regulars.'

There are newer reviews for Becket's Restaurant & Grill

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We enjoyed an absolutely fabulous meal at this restaurant. Everything we had was delicious. The service was exceptional from the moment we arrived. We will most definitely be going back!

2  Thank 110910Jules
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Second visit to this superb restaurant on Sat (23 Feb) & once again it met & exceeded all our expectations. We love the ambience, the decor & the general feel of the place - extremely warm & welcoming & relaxed. The food was superb once again as was the service. Wine was excellent although if there was 1 comment I would make is that as a lover of a certain style of red wine, I would prefer descriptions/tasting notes of each wine on the wine list together with ABVs to help select the most appropriate wine possible.
Overall, superb & we'll definitely be coming back - we live in Knaresborough & this place is long overdue and an absolute Godsend!

1  Thank rickegg

Thank you for your kind words.I'm glad we continue to impress you and look forward to doing so in the future.
I will certainly give some thought to your suggestion regarding 'Tasting Notes' on the Wine List.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I work in Knaresborough but live in Harrogate, I feel I would not have heard of Beckets but for friends at work and customers talking about it. We went last night for my birthday and I really was not disappointed. The staff the atmosphere were very good and most importantly the food was fantastic. What I did like were the 'wee' extras like the birthday balloon on our table,they took a photo of us and then handed it to us as a momento also hooks for your hand bag so they don't sit on the floor which you can take home. A wonderful evening and we will certainly be going back.

Steve P, Owner at Becket's Restaurant & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
I am delighted we were able to help make your birthday a memorable one and I'm glad you appreciated our 'wee extras.'
It is also very gratifying to see that good things are being said about us, and that 'word of mouth' is working in our favour.
I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

We dined here because we had been let down by another restaurant,we were the first into an empty place but the Irish chap who I think I as a co owner made us feel really welcome.
We opted for the set Sunday lunch menu at 19.95 for 3courses ,it proved faultless!
Other diners filled the place later which was nice as I feared it was a gem that no on frequented

All in all top marks from me and the other half ,most enjoyable

1  Thank Foody2387
Steve P, Manager at Becket's Restaurant & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

I'm glad we were able to 'step into the breach' when you were let down with your other booking.
It was a pleasure to meet you and discuss the history of the building and the recent refurbishment; and I am delighted you enjoyed your meal.

It is such motivation for us to know we are getting it right in most cases.

Look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Knaresborough.

Thank you once again, and indeed thanks to all our recent reviewers for their kind and encouraging comments.