“A must to visit in Knaresborough”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lavender Rooms

The Lavender Rooms
Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Knaresborough
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: A warm welcome awaits you in the Lavender Rooms where you can relax and enjoy a break in an atmosphere full of Olde Worlde Charm.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“A must to visit in Knaresborough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visited here twice at lunchtime while in the area, both times food was excellent (you should try the scones,jam and cream), and the service was most attentive. My husband needs Gluten-free meals and they managed that. Ricotta and blueberry cake was to die for!! Would thoroughly recommend.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kayanne2014

London, United Kingdom
“Couldn't be better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, great service, huge 'tea for two' adequate for four. Integrated with 'Ye Oldest Chymist Shoppe In England' Fun. :o)

2 Thank GoCliff
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Tea with a view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

As the tea room is upstairs, above "the oldest chemist shop in England", it provides a lovely view over the market place. Very good pot of tea, and prices appeared reasonable.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Vanessa186342
Northampton, United Kingdom
“traditional tea room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visited here for a late lunch and ended up ordering the afternoon tea for two. The portions were very generous and the sandwiches were obviously freshly made. Everything on the cake stand was home made and tasty; I particularly enjoyed the coronation chicken brown bread sandwiches and the carrot cake.
The building is very old and quaint with sloping floors and beams, there is not a lot of room but the character of the building makes up for this. if you are claustrophobic or it is sunny outside there are a few tables out side so you can enjoy sitting on the square people watching whilst enjoying the tasty and filling food.
The staff were all very friendly and welcoming despite being very busy.
The one criticism I had with the afternoon tea which was presented in the traditional manner on a china two tier cake stand was that instead of individual cakes/slices of cakes there were two large slices of cake and one enormous scone, obviously we were more than capable of cutting everything into two but it would have been nicer and more aesthetically pleasing if this had been done for us.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank KarenandDave3113
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Groupon”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Having read the reviews I have no doubt the food is very good but I am not sure they should be selling groupon vouchers, I called twice and was told there was no availability for that day and as my voucher was close to expiring I emailed them over a week ago to provide me with dates that I could use my voucher. Unfortunately I got no response to the email and the voucher has now expired :-(

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michael H
breadcake, Owner at The Lavender Rooms, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
hi,sorry we havent been able to accomodate you so far but you have had in excess of 3 months to make a booking.We have accomodated over 500 vouchers and are still taking them.We have found it difficult when people have rung and said they want to come today as you have, because people have already booked in advance.you say you emailed but i dont know who you emailed certainly not me.I would still be more than willing to accomodate you.please ring 01423 860555 ask for maurice. available dates 29/30th june. 1st july. mon to friday 15th to 19th july. please give us 48 hrs notice.
Feel it is unfair to give us a bad review because you havent been able to get in at very short notice. regards
maurice