“Our new favourite restaurant!”
Review of Hallies - CLOSED

Hallies
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hallies Bar and Grill benefits from a unique location in the glass covered atrium of Knaresborough's Castle Courtyard shopping centre. The restaurant is located on the first floor and consists of three dining areas that are decorated with soft colours, complemented by splashes of bright colour, giving a relaxed and cheerful mediterranean ambience The main dining area, with accommodation for up to thirty diners, has windows overlooking the atrium.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We visited here on a Saturday night for a 'quick tea’. I did think it was the Hallieva Mexicana when we booked, however they have recently changed to a bar and grill (still with some Mexican dishes on the menu). Firstly we ordered our drinks and we were told the first drink was on the house if we were eating! Service was great and the staff were very attentive, the owner even came out and chatted to us for a bit which was a nice touch.

When it came to meal choices, I decided I would stick to a Mexican dish (Spicy Chicken Fajitas), having heard good things and my finaceé also chose from the Mexican menu (Beef Chilli). When the food came out they were both delicious! I would definitely recommend both of these dishes if you like Mexican food. We then came to ordering dessert and we opted for banoffee tart with Italian ice cream. We decided to share the tart as the owner had mentioned they were quite big. The ice cream was amazing and tasted like the ice cream you get in Italy. Even if you are not eating in the restaurant then I would recommend stopping off at the café in the market place where the ice cream is made. I believe they also sell a selection of cakes here too!

Overall the whole meal was BRILLIANT! I would definitely recommend eating here and I think we may have even found our new favourite restaurant! We will be back soon :)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

A real gem of a find. Fantastic mojitos, delicious food and friendly, knowledgeable staff....

Food was extremely fresh and tasty, bursting with flavour and the menu is simple but loads of choice.

We will be back to visit soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Three of us visited Hallies Bar and Grill on Saturday for my birthday. We were a bit apprehensive as when we booked we were told that the restaurant, formerly serving solely Mexican food, was about to change to a bar and grill. Having eaten at Hallieva a few times previously, we decided to give it a go and we're so glad we did! Attractive restaurant, attentive, friendly service, excellent food and wonderful cocktails. The menu was varied with something for everyone and retains some of the Mexican favourites. The nachos with chilli beef were the best I've had. Thank you for a great evening. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Well where do i start?. My wife arranged a reservation for 2 people with Hallieva for 9pm on Saturday 31/5/14. We arrived at 8.45, to be met by a gentleman who looked at us and his facial expression was like CAN I HELP YOU, so i told him we had a table booked for 9pm, He said ok go upstairs, ( so we went, bearing in mind this was our first time, and not knowing the layout) we were stood in the middle of the restaurant with no one? he then came 2/3 minutes later and told us to sit at a table in the Center? we were just sat down, and then he told us he would move the table?. then off he went never to be seen again? it was now 9pm 15 mins had gone by, no one even acknowledged us, there were i assume the owner sat at 1 table on her laptop, totally ignoring us, and i think 2 waitresses i finally got the attention of one of the waitresses and she took our order, we ordered a bottle of wine £18.50, and a starer and mains each,we thought ok,we ll have great night.and that was as far as we got it was was 9.20pm, so .35 minutes later still no wine, no one came to ask if we were ok or if we needed anything. by this time my Wife and i, had, had enough, we took one final look around and still no one is around to ask anything. we noticed other people waiting also, so we decided to say thanks but no thanks. so we left and still no one even bothered to ask us why??? . To end, we were so looking forward to this restaurant, but alas we will never go back, such a shame.

7  Thank Tpviper .
CarolinaB887, Owner at Hallies, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review.
I am very sorry your visit was so disappointing and the service was not up to standard.
Unfortunately just prior to your arrival one of our waitresses badly cut her hand, which upset her greatly and we really struggled to stop it from bleeding. I did come to your table and give you the menus. I explain our dilemma to you and apologised for the delay in dealing with you. My husband had tried to dress the wound but it continued to bleed and our waitress got very upset. Consequently for a period of appox 45min we were two people down in the restaurant. When you left the restaurant you walked past me in the courtyard while I was tending to our waitress. I am very disappointed that your evening was spoilt our customers are very important to us. I am also disappointed that when writing your detailed review you failed to mention I had come to your table and explained our problem and apologised to you both.

Kind regards
Carolina

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely decoration and amazing food and drink. Service was rather slow, but well worth it in the end. Would definitely recommend / visit again. All three of us were very happy with our meals.