“DOG HOLIDAY”
Review of Newton House

Newton House
Ranked #4 of 15 Knaresborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Recently stayed overnight here with our dog. Made to feel very welcome which is not always the case when travelling with a dog. A very comfortable room, ground floor with door straight out into the courtyard, which was ideal for the dog. Breakfast was excellent. Denise (the proprietor) was very helpful and found us a local dog friendly pub where we had our evening meal. Would recommend and stay again if visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Stayed here for the weekend. The Room was really lovely and huge!! the host, Denise was very helpful without being intrusive. The Breakfasts were excellent. I've stayed in a few hotels, large and small and this ranks one of the best.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anthonym_11
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Stayed here with my husband for 2 nights, the house is lovely and the room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was amazing-huge! Denise the owner was very pleasant and her breakfasts are yummy lots of choice aswell. Knaresborough is a lovely town and a good base to explore the surrounding area, especially Harrogate. Will definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Pink_Penguin76
Reviewed 8 May 2011

My sister and I stayed at Newton House for 2 nights. This is the first time we had visited Knaresborough and one we won't forget. We spent 2 days here and very much enjoyed our stay. Denise was very helpful, the room was lovely and our breakfast just perfect.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank susanoreilly
Reviewed 29 April 2011

...and a very good one at that. It is not however a hotel, so to criticize it for not being one - as an earlier poster did - is beside the point.

We had one of the stable rooms, which was excellent. Bathroom was well maintained though the shower cubicle was not the largest I've ever seen. Highlight is the quality of the breakfast. I am not a big breakfast eater and the idea of a full English is appalling to me. Every morning there was a choice of freshly baked fruit, home made muesli and granola, a choice of cooked breakfasts, (including the full English for those who do like that sort of thing), and home made preserves, all served and presented with starched table linen.

There may be cheaper guest houses in the area; I doubt though that there are any better.

Room Tip: Get a stable room if you can.
Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomofDenmark
Reviewed 26 April 2011

This was the first time that I have stayed at the Newton house and it was a very enjoyable experience. From the moment I checked in it felt as if I was staying at a friends home more than at a guest house. The proprietor, Denise, makes you feel as if you have known her all your life. There is a good selection from the breakfast menu, the rooms are clean and have all of the extras you would expect from a top establishment. In the lounge downstairs you will find a T.V., newspapers, games, books and a honesty bar. The honesty bar is basically a mini - bar with a good selection of beers, lagers, wines and spirits, which you serve yourself and add what you have had to a notepad. At the end of your stay, Denise will check the list and charge you accordingly.
The location is about 300 metres from the town centre, castle and river. There is nothing I can really say in the negative about this place, as all I experienced was positives. I booked two single rooms, one for me and one for my Dad who is 86 and he shares the same views as me. Will definately stay here again if I am in Knaresborough.
Meirion Evans

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 24 April 2011

i dont usually comment on places i stay but i have to say that our three night stay was perfect we stayed in room one it was massive and extremely comfortable, the breakfst was brilliant i loved the eggs bendict, denise is avery good host and looked after us well.

Derek and Lynne From Burnley

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knaresborough
Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Knaresborough
Kirkgate House
Kirkgate House
#3 of 15 in Knaresborough

Been to Newton House? Share your experiences!