“Very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 17 Knaresborough B&B and Inns
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here for one night. The owner is very helpful, breakfasts are fabulous, staff are very attentive and approachable. I paid for a superior room which was a bit smaller than I imagined but it was very very clean and comfy. We stayed in room 5 which overlooks the road, traffic was passing but with the windows open it did not bother us. She had even put large electric fans in the rooms as it was so warm.
We arrived early and was able to park our car there and return later. Denise showed us the walkways and gave us a map.
The bathroom was very nice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stopped over for two days to break up the travelling. Me and my dog Lola were made to feel very welcome. The room which was just across the courtyard was very spacious and the bed VERY comfy!! It was also very clean. Breakfast was much appreciated and the staff were very helpful especially when I was wondering where I could go that allowed dogs. Enjoyed my stay and would come back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I must first thank Denise and staff for a wonderful stay!!! You have such a nice place, pleas keep up the good work. We stayed for 5 nights in June/July as part of a 3 week trip around Scotland and Northern England. We had two rooms between the 3 of us, my partner and my room had been renovated and was very nice. Our traveling companion was in a room that hadn't been refreshed, but was still a very nice room. Please keep the four poster beds, Denise!!! All the amenities in the rooms were just fine. We liked that the windows opened, nice refreshing breeze even on a warmer day. A bit loud sometimes at night on the street side of hotel with the younger crowd going home from the pubs, but at least they were having fun!!! Next time I'd like to try a room on the courtyard side and see how it is. What can I say about breakfast, but yummy!!! Denise you are wonder in the kitchen, your homemade preserves are wonderful. Lots of great information on things to do in the area, thank you for all your advice. I like that you have parking, but car owners be aware it can be tight, but there is a great public parking lot just 5 minutes walk down the street. If you get back later in the day and everything in the hotel car park is full, the city lot is free in the evening until I think 8 am the next day, so no worries. I hope to return someday, Yorkshire needs more exploring and we love Newton House.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are quite nice, however, if you don't like a bit of noise when your windows a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We would like to thank Denise for another great stay.The room was spacious and the bed was large and very comfortable. The breakfasts are brilliant so much choice and all cooked fresh .Denise and staff are very attentive to your needs and do everything to make your stay brilliant .we will be back with our dog Lola who they also made welcome with home made doggie treats waiting for her in the room
Thanking. You Denise
Paula and Malcolm

Room Tip: If you have a dog the two rooms are huge and spotless
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here last July for the gift trade fair in Harrogate, and returned again this year.

I don't think there's much I can add to my (glowing!) review last year... Some of the rooms have had very neat renovations, including my single room, which wasn't huge but was spacious enough. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the couple of minor things in the room that were broken were due to be fixed imminently. Cleanliness could not be faulted!

Breakfasts are wonderful - both for the choice of filling, delicious options (much of it local and/or organic) and for the friendly service too!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed last night for a family funeral. Room very comfy with everything I needed. All staff very friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble. I booked at short notice and am very glad I chose this hotel. I will come back to Knaresborough and would stay here next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have just returned from another fabulous trip to knaresbrough, our 3rd time staying at newton house, the hotel is supberb, the rooms are fabulous and the breakfasts are amazing with so much choice! Very friendly people and we always feel welcome. Its very central to the lovely market town town of knaresborough.

Nicola and Trevor

Room Tip: room 5 is lovely!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knaresborough
BEST WESTERN Dower House Hotel & Spa
#1 of 17 in Knaresborough
Kirkgate House
Kirkgate House
#3 of 17 in Knaresborough

Been to Newton House? Share your experiences!