“Best B&B we have ever stayed in.”
Review of Newton House

and 1 more site!
Newton House
Ranked #4 of 15 Knaresborough B&B and Inns
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
“Best B&B we have ever stayed in.”
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Newton House is the best B&B we have EVER stayed in. It is 5* for all of the following reasons: for size and comfort of the rooms; for the decoration, everywhere, which is tasteful, upmarket; but at the same time cosy and comfortable; the bedrooms and bathrooms are spotlessly clean as is everywhere else throughout the hotel; the little touches such as tea and coffee making facilities with good quality biscuits in the bedrooms; the Molton Brown bathing accessories; the sweets in the bedrooms and the public areas; the WiFi system in every room; the wonderful, freshly cooked breakfasts and Lisa's fabulous home made jams and marmalades; and lastly, the fact that Mark and Lisa make you feel very welcome at all times and will do anything to help you - a truly lovely, friendly couple who you would love to have as your friends. We would highly recommend this to anyone thinking about staying here and will be doing so again ... and I don't even have to twist my husband's arm up his back to do so!!!!!!!! Jan & Chris Owen

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanOwen25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
London
Reviewed 30 January 2009

A large group of colleagues were working away on business and for a change we wanted to book accommodation that wasn't too large, didn't have a chain but could still cater for our business needs and we found it !!!! The proprietors were great in accommodating all our needs. The rooms were large, well decorated and very comfortable and there was enough space to work. The breakfasts were fantastic and although evening meals are not provided there are so many restaurants and bars within walking distance that it would be a shame to stay in and not see the area and eat great food!. The hotel is also great for leisure travel, for a romantic getaway and there is so much to see and do in and around Yorkshire. The cost was cheaper than staying in a large hotel and you can't put a price on that personal touch that Newton House offer. Everything they say on their website is true, I would definately recommend it to anyone !

• Liked — Beautifully decorated and spacious with comfortable beds
  • Disliked — It was all great !
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2008

We stopped in Knaresborough as it was the nearest small town to the flight simulator at Arkendale - a trip to which I'd received for my birthday. It was a very good trip too, though way overpriced. But I digress...

I picked Newton House simply on the basis of the reviews on Tripadvisor and wasn't disappointed.

The room was large and well equipped - including a mini-bar/fridge, hairdryer, TV and DAB radio. A nice big comfy bed, settee and dressing table completed the tick-list of what you need in a B&B.

The breakfast was excellent with a good pre-ordered choice (though I had the 'full monty' each day and the fresh coffee and toast kept on coming!). The staff too were spot on an everyone we spoke to was pleasant and seemed happy in their work.

We mentioned we needed a cot and one was provided. On top of that we received some playthings, extra cot bedding, some bathtime toys and a baby monitor (to let us go to the lounge once baby was asleep). Very thoughtful - and all the staff made a fuss of the baby too which was nice.

I need to find some fault don't I...?

Well if I was to be really, really picky - the shower was a bit weak and the big bed was actually two singles pushed together. The car park could be a bit of a scrum too....

Anyway, told you I was being picky!

All told it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and one I would hope to repeat in the future if I'm ever in the area again.

• Liked — Warm, cosy and friendly
  • Disliked — Shower...
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Wigan_Athletic_Fan
Ripon, North Yorkshire.
Reviewed 15 December 2008

I stayed at Newton House in December. I couldn't have been made more welcome with the owners Lisa and Mark. The room I stayed in was top class, spotless and tastefully decorated. Looking at the rest of the hotel, the same applied, well maintained and full of character. There is private limited parking to the rear of the hotel .
The following day I had a full English breakfast (there are plenty of other things to choose from) and I stuggled to finish it. The stay was only a shot one. But I like to think give credit where credit is due. All I can say is, you will not be disappointed by the place or the friendly service. It is about 20 mins from Harrogate for those who wish to see the Spa Town or handy for the Conference Centre.

• Liked — The cleanliness. Friendly owners/staff. The place is full of character.
  • Disliked — The parking is a little tight at the rear of the hotel, but that is a minor niggle and would not put me off for a return visit.
Cheshire
Reviewed 12 December 2008

What A fabulous place to stay. The hosts, Martin and Lisa did everyting they could to make us welcome - especially during the snow. We had homemade preserves, mince pies and all the little touches that make a difference. It was no trouble at all for them accommodating my dairy free diet. They couldn't have done more to make our stay great. Rooms large and cosy with all amenities. Would definitely come again.

• Liked — The attention of the hosts
  • Disliked — The snow!
Inverness
Reviewed 1 December 2008

The thoughtfulness and imagination of the couple who operate this oh so comfortable Hotel is unequalled in our experience as was the breakfast. We shall be back.

Roger & Linda Hoskins

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights in October. Bedroom & bathroom decent size and recently refurbished to high standard. Great breakfast and very friendly owners. Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knaresborough
Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa
#7 of 15 in Knaresborough
Goldsborough Hall
Goldsborough Hall
#1 of 15 in Knaresborough

Been to Newton House? Share your experiences!