“Birthday treat!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had our first ever meal at Carriages last night and absolutely loved it! What a gem of a place. There were 4 menus to choose from : a la carte, tapas, Seafood and Early bird. It was most definitely a challenge deciding what to have but with the aid of fabulous wine in the sunny garden we managed.

The portions are huge so we left feeling more than satisfied but I can honestly say the food was amazing. The fillet steak and hand cooked chips were very special.

The service was friendly and helpful but not pushy in any way. We felt very accommodated and nothing was too much travel.

Thanks Carriages team.... We will be back!

• Visited June 2014

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Romantic birthday celebration”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I took my husband to Carriages for his birthday on Saturday 07/06/14. The atmosphere is lovely, the food was fabulous, great wine list and the staff really know their stuff. I would definitely go there again.

• Visited June 2014
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Second visit was distinctly average”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is my second time to Carriages. Loved the first time and the food was divine. Second time was distinctly average. Inconsistent service and the selection of vegetables served with the main course clashed terribly (don't offer fish dishes on a Sunday if you're only going to serve vegetables to accompany roast beef) and for some unknown reason there were no potatoes. When we asked we were given (dry and tasteless) roast potatoes that, again, did not suit the dishes! I was very excited about my return to Carriages but the lack of consistency with the food has put me off. Food is still reasonable but is variable.

CarriagesChris, Owner at Carriages, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Jane

I was hugely disappointed to read your review this morning and send my apologies. I have certainly taken your comments on board and passed them onto my staff. The fish dishes should have come with buttered new potatoes. I hope to see you again in the future. Consistency is paramount to me so all constructive feedback to maintain the quality of my food and business never is neglected. Customers are our critics at the end of the day!

Many Thanks, (and apologies)
Harrogate
“beautiful tapas”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

my favourite place for tapas and beats any so called Spanish tapas chain easily!
menu changes regularly, really generous portions and great taste and ingredient combinations and all that for good value for money prices.

• Visited May 2014
grimsby
“you must book to sit in the restaurant”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The food was nice but because we never reserved a table, we ate in the bar area. It was also a little bit pricey.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank chrisej
CarriagesChris, Owner at Carriages, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Sir

Thank you for taking time to review my restaurant. I'm sorry your visit wasn't 100%. As explained our restaurant room was full on your visit and we offer people to eat in the bar if they choose. I appreciate this can sometimes not be ideal however. I offer 4 different menus covering a tremendous array of pricing points to provide as much choice as possible. These are reviewed frequently and are certainly in keeping with the industry's averages!

Kindest Regards