“A lucky find”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Northallerton
Reading, United Kingdom
“A lucky find”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We decided to stop of in North Allerton not because we knew what to expect but more because it was on our route. On the day we arrived, Saturday, they were just finishing their market day and it was VERY busy in the High St.

We needed somewhere to stay for the night so I popped into the Red Lion in the main street. Unfortunately all they had was a smoking room (Yuk) but the young lady behind the desk very helpfully phoned round some other hotels until she found one with a room. She directed us to the Allerton Court Hotel which was a very short drive out of town. This is a privately owned hotel and we were met on our arrival by the owner. Although we only stayed one night we were very impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff there.

Our room was modern, spacious, clean and had all mod cons. The only small problems we experienced were that as a single story building we were unhappy about leaving windows open overnight ( and it was a VERY warm night) and unfortunately for us there was a wedding taking place that night and the guests were very noisy. I gather from the reception staff the following morning that the only member of staff on duty was not able to quieten them down. Although this was disappointing for us we could not really blame the hotel for the selfish behaviour of the wedding party.

Breakfast was an all buffet style and excellent quality and value.

As an added incentive for us to visit again we were very impressed by North Allerton. It had a huge variety of shops including most of the High St stores and lots of specialist independents. Well with a visit if you like shopping!

Room Tip: If there is a function taking place try to get a room a long way from the reception.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

A few of us stayed here from Friday 20th July til Monday 23rd July.It was a very enjoyable stay.Couldn't fault it.hairdryer,trouser press,iron/ironing board,tea/coffee facilities and shower/shampoo cremes.Staff were great.Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: room 7 on the front.didn't here a thing
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mirandahartland
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We came to Northallerton simply to visit Betty's Cafe Tea Room..a favourite of ours.During the meal,my husband became ill,was taken to the local hospital,and was in there for 3 days.
I was in a panic,as we live too far away for me to travel home and back.Most of the hotels on the internet list were fully booked,but one kind lady got in touch with Allerton Court,and found there was a vacant room available.I booked the room,thinking it to be for one night,but was kindly given the same room the following night,as my husband was still in hospital.
Breakfast was lovely,with a good and varied selection of cereals,fruit juices,yoghurts, andfresh fruit from the buffet.There was also the Traditional Allerton Grill,with a lovely selection of cooked breakfast items,as well as plenty of toast with a choice of preserves,and endless amounts of coffee and tea.I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfasts during my stay.
My room was a double..I think it was the only one available.The style and furnishings are very modern,and the Kingsize bed was very comfortable.The en-suite was lovely,and having a bath was a pleasure..the water was piping hot,and the bath itself was very large and comfortable.
The room was spotless,everything was of a very high standard,and the large dining room was very pleasant.
There is a lovely restaurant menu,which I would have loved to have sampled,had my circumstances been different....lots of choices,and the starters choices looked particularly tasty.
I would love to visit this hotel again,with my husband,for a holiday break.The staff were all very friendly and helpful..and I would love to have a meal from the superb menu..
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a quality,comfortable stay in Northallerton...you won't find better,I am sure......

Room Tip: My bedroom was in a very quiet area....it was room 3......
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank maurbro
Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago.... Well all I can say is everything was as the title says..... The staff are absolutely fantastic and nothing is ever too much to ask for them.... If you are staying in the area don't bother looking around just book in here.... Trust me you won't be disappointed!! :) a+++++

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank 40bec__12
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

my wife and i have stayed at the Allerton Court Hotel on a few occasions and have found it be very clean, nice size rooms mostly on the ground floor for disabled guests., english breakfasts are
superb and reasonably priced evening meals. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: most rooms look out on to the lawns surrounding the hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mikefox1066
Aberdeen
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times on business, and it is a great hotel.

The welcome is always warm. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The food in the bar is huge, and great value for money.

There is nothing fancy about the hotel, it is just good honest value for money for about £80 per night

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Location 10/10
Bed 10/10
Duvet 10/10
Room 10/10
food MINUS 10000000/10 - not happy at all with the food as you can tell. I was with a group and didnt want to make a scene so i ate the food.....breakfast - bacon tasted like plastic and a lesson in cooking black pudding is desperatly needed, sausage was a very cheap version....toast and egg was ok.
When you pay £100 for bed and breakfast you expect the food to be just as good (if not better) than the facilities, unfortunatley the food did not come anywhere close to the hotel....I have paid £55 for B&B and got food far better than i did in this hotel....shame really becasue the staff deserves better than that.

Room Tip: ROOM ONLY.....oh yes and room 12 the radiator clicks --- kept my husband awake but not me, not that...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank louisecollinson1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northallerton
Solberge Hall Hotel
The Cleveland Tontine
The Cleveland Tontine
#1 of 1 in Staddlebridge
Chapters Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Allerton Court Hotel? Share your experiences!